chapter seven . meatballs and coffee

Nat had recovered from her drug overpower (she refused to call it what it actually was

Nat had recovered from her drug overpower (she refused to call it what it actually was...) fairly quickly. Back when she was a user, she was always able to bounce back quickly. She tried to get through to her friends, telling them that she's okay. But none of them really believed her.

Kurt would walk her to class and sit with her at lunch. Mercedes started to learn first aid. Finn wouldn't stop apologising everytime she entered a room. Rachel would take over Glee, tryinng to create a loving atmosphere for her friend.

The only one who didn't treat Nat differently was Quinn.

Sure, Nat was on the receiving end of a worried look from the blonde, but they hadn't changed their friendly, flirty rivalry (Nat had no idea what to call their relationship). She still glares at Nat. She still blushes red when Nat winks or smirks. She still stared at Nat, even once Nat herself, had noticed.

Mercedes and Kurt sat in the middle of Nat, who was mindlessly daydreaming.

"As we head into sectionals, I wanna get some feedback. Like, what kind of stuff you guys would like to be doing. Is there anything... any music in particular... that you guys wanna do?"

"Can we maybe try something a little more black?" Mercedes suggests.

"I agree. We do an awful lot of show tunes." Kurt says.

 "It's Glee Club, not Crunk Club." Rachel glares.

"Don't make me take you to the carpet." Nat laughed at that, syncing in and out of the discussion.

"Fantastic! Thank you, Mercedes, Kurt. Duly noted. Anything else?"

"I can pop and lock."

"Not really what we're goin' for, Mike... but... noted, noted, yes."

"What about some 90s grunge? Nirvana?"

Schue facepalms.

Nat had been stressed as of late. After being fired from her waitressing job, she was in desperate need for more cash. She could barely pay her bills on the wage she was getting with three jobs (waitressing, support worker at nursing home and babysitter)– how was two gonna cut it?

She had been worried all day and it was getting annoying. Who the hell would hire a Lima Heights druggie? It was the end of the day when Nat had found the solution to her problem. She opened her locker and a pamphlet fell to her feet.

Interested in working with the misfourtunate? Good at working with children? Need some cash?

Well, Lima Heights Home for Lost Youths would be the best place for you!