chapter four . an interesting discovery

When Nat received the sheet music, she instantly turned it into a paper plane

When Nat received the sheet music, she instantly turned it into a paper plane. She signed up to sing, not to actually study music. Nat eyes fell on Quinn, who looked weirdly pale.

"Excuse me," Rachel says standing up, "This isn’t the right key."

"No. It’s actually the right key." Shue says.

"No, no, this is the alto part." Rachel says, looking ready to murder.

"Yep. Tina’s doing the solo.''

Nat feels a surge of happiness towards the girl. Good for Tina. Rachel can't be the one getting all the solos... not that Nat cares.

"I’m sorry, there must be some sort of mix up. I thought I made it very clear that anything from “West Side Story” goes to me. Maria is my part! Natalie Wood was a Jew, you know. I’ve had a very deep, personal connection to this role since the age of one." Rachel rants. Nat can barely keep up with half the things she is saying.

"Well, I’m trying to shake things up a bit. Get us out of our boxes." Shue looks at Nat in that moment. God, she thinks, what part did he give me? Quickly unfolding her paper plane, she read.

"Who's Tony?" Nat asks. The question gets ignored as Rachel starts getting angry.

"You’re trying to punish me." Rachel hisses.

"I think you’re being irrational."

"I think you’re being unfair!"

"I think you’re being unfair to Tina, who might have been happy about getting her first solo." Shue defends.

"Tina knows how much I respect her and I think she would agree with me that she’s not ready for such an iconic role as Maria."

Nat walks towards Rachel, glaring, "Berry, we get it. You're sad that the attention isn't on you. Boo freakin' hoo. You should be happy for Tina," Nat smiles and turns to Tina, wrapping an arm around her tightly, "good job, Teens."

Tina smiles shyly, a small blush on her cheeks, "Thanks, Nat."

"Nat, you should appologise to Rachel. And Rachel, you should appologise to Tina " Shue snaps.

Rachel storms out the choir room and Nat bows to her fellow Glee Club members, "You're welcome."

"The more times she storms out of rehearsal, the less impact it has." Artie says and Nat nods in agreement.

"Congratulations, Tina. This is going well."

Nat hangs back at Kurt's request. She has a soft spot for closet gays.