The Stifling Silence

The last encounter with Gojo had left a sour taste in your mouth

The last encounter with Gojo had left a sour taste in your mouth. You couldn't avoid him since he was evidently comfortable in greeting you & meeting your eyes now. It glorified how your luck never played a part in keeping the two of you apart, instead it was Gojo's willingness. Now that he had shed the shell of silence, there was no dodging him; except, neither of you spoke directly to each other. The grudge still brewed in your heart without fail, but many times, it was attacked by a feeling of contentment, wavering your resolution.

"You've been avoiding me for three days," It was Principal Yaga. His face was contorted in anger.

However, his voice remained calm, "You know, you can't outrun me in my own school. This is important."

It was true, it was futile to even try changing your paths within the school to avoid him, mostly because you lived on campus.

"Why do I have to go?" you nearly squealed in aversion.

It was past 5 p.m. which meant you were almost off-duty, keen to head home; until the stringent voice of Principal Yaga obstructed the exit gate. You brooded about the final chapters of the book that must be waiting patiently to be read by you; how the green tea one of your students had brought from Uji last weekend, must be sitting idly on your kitchen counter to be steeped by you; how the rewarding post dinner strolls, down the forlorn gardens of the campus, must be demanding your companionship.

"Who else can accompany them if not you?" he adjusted a little on his chair, forging an even more stern tone.

"I thought you didn't want me to step outside the campus," you said, pressing your luck.

He crossed his arm in disapproval, "You won't be on your own. Besides, sending you with this team would be the safest for all five of you."

You didn't have the strength to respond after having such a long day. All you wanted to do was go home and heed to the things you had been looking forward to doing today.

"After Yuji Itadori's incident, it's best that our top notch medic finally returns to the field," he continued without caring about the frustration trickling from your face. "Come on, this would be a big mission for them and we can't afford another casualty."

"So why can't someone else go?", you scoffed. "Who'll stay behind?"

"I'm sure the school will manage three days without the threat of infiltration looming over its head," Yaga mocked you.

You bit your lower lip, devising a point to support your argument. The option to turn down the offer was out of question but you could still attempt to change your team.

"Fine, but don't you think that Gojo's team wouldn't need me since he's also going?" you chuckled nervously, "I'm sure he's got everything covered already."

"Perhaps, I should go with Maki," you mused out loud, trying to sound convincing.

"Yuta is going with them," he sighed, dropping his shoulders. "There are only two teams being dispatched this week, including your own. We need a healer on both."