Where It All Stopped

"Do you think it would be okay to wake her up?"

"If you don't quit this, then you'll wake everyone up!"

"Alright, sorry, sorry!"

"Shut up now!"

You stirred in your sleep, the whispering from the hallway waking you up.

"Oh, great," Gojo laughed, tiptoeing into the room along with Geto, " We have a light sleeper right here."

Geto put a finger to his lips, motioning Gojo to quiet down.

With a light shrug, Gojo threw his hands up in defense.

"What are you both doing here?" panic laced your eyes, "You're not allowed in here!"

Gojo looked down at your sprawled form in bed and snickered, "There is no place that can keep us out, is there?"

You felt agitated about them being seen in the girls' dorm but Gojo's mindless teasing eased your heart a bit.

A gentle tug at your arm pulled you out of your thoughts, "Get out of bed. There's something I have to show you". Geto offered you his hand, a glimmer of excitement in his brown eyes.

You stared blankly at his hand before complaining," Show me what? It's a Sunday! I wanted to sleep in, Suguru."

"Don't make me carry you", your name rolled off his tongue smoothly. His voice sobered you out of your groggy state and you finally took his hand as he pulled you out of bed.

Gojo glanced at your intertwined hands.

"Done with the family reunion?" He scoffed impatiently, "Let's leave"

The morning dew felt cold under your feet. With spring just around the corner, every living thing on the school ground looked like it was getting ready to celebrate. Tiny flower buds were resting on the plants lining the area. Trees looked majestic wearing the emerald crown of newly grown leaves over their heads. The chilly breeze conveyed the birth of succulent fruit as the fragrance traveled across to where you were sitting.

"Look," Geto pointed towards one of the cherry blossom trees, "Over there."

"I had been coming here often for the past few days," he put his head on your lap, "to practice and study, and I noticed that the tree was going to blossom soon"

He glanced at you. Under the rays of the sun, his brown eyes looked like the replenishing ground hit with a heavy storm, the ground that possessed the ability to give and take life in abundance.

"I wanted to see the first flower of the season with you two," he said, adjusting his head comfortably.

You felt yourself smile softly. Gojo leaned back on his arms and stared at you.

Your hair glistened under the sun and the pools of your eyes looked brighter. He traced the curve of your smile and noticed how soft your lips looked. He felt a warmth seep through his chest and he reluctantly looked away.

"Isn't it beautiful how spring brings back so much hope? Like something that had been lost comes back to life" Gojo's quiet musing was broken off by Geto's words.

"You would think it's unretrievable during the snow season." Geto added.

Geto had such a profound vision of things beyond himself. You had always admired it and you knew he would never do anything wrong, he was a straightforward man with a turbulence of emotions cocooned within him. He carried such kindness and mercy within him, you would always be in awe of him.