LA GIRLY

"Say it with me now, holy fuck!" Annie squeals as my eyes go wide and I enter the apartment

"This place is spectacular!" I mumble out as Annie dances around the place.

"I'm sorry you will have to ignore my friends strange behaviour." I say as Sarah my apartment manager watches Annie dance around doing the Fortnite dance as I internally face palm.

"Haven't you girly's been to LA before?" Sarah ask as I'm about to say "nope never before." Annie runs over and interrupts.

"Of course we have my daddy flies us over on his jet every spring break!" Annie says as my cheeks heat with embarrassment. Every-time she speaks the hole I'm in just gets deeper and deeper.

"That's great girls I'm going to leave you to get settled in I will have Joshua our Shameless directing manager send you the script a little bit later." Sarah says as I nod and thank her.

As she existed and the door shut with a thud I focused my attention on a smirking Annie. "Daddy's jet,huh?" I mutter as she grins and rolls her eyes.

"So I got bored, we both know my dad works as an assistant manager at carpet and co in London." Annie says as I chuckle, "I mean it was kinda funny to see the shock on here face when you said we come here every spring break what even is spring break?" I ask as she grins, "oh my young Jedi in training I have so much to teach you, get your bag!" Annie says grinning as I look at her like she's crazy.

"Are you freaking crazy, we just got here I need to unpack and I'm jet lagged." I say pleading to her better side, jokes on me.(she doesn't have one.)

"That's just semantics get your shit so we can get moving, I got a lot to teach you." Annie says as I roll my eyes and pull my khaki green satchel off the kitchen counter along with my keys and follow her out the door.

"Now what?" I question as I stand with my hand on my hips looking at the warm sun shining down on us.

"Okay so first things first LA traffic isn't a joke I learned all about it watching teen vogues driving safe series." Annie says as I nod, okay that was a little helpful.

"Okay, and?" I question

"They don't say jam they say jelly." Annie says as we walk down the street.

"Okay, and?" I question.

"Oooo Walmart is like Tesco's and whole foods is like Holland and Barrett." Annie says as I smile.

"I'm helpful aren't I?" Annie says grinning as I hit her shoulder playfully.

"Americans say Pee-ta bread instead of pitta." Annie says as I roll my eyes.

"Oh I'm gonna feel so cringe I can already hear my nephew mocking me." I say as Annie laughs.

"Ooo over here they say soccer instead of football." Annie says.

"Soccer." I mutter trying to get used to sounding American.

"Oh and if we want crisps we gotta ask for chips and if we want chips we gotta ask for fries." Annie says as I look at her feeling confused.

"But what about chunky chips?" I question.

"I guess they are called chunky fries." She says as I nod.

"Ooo a plaster is called a band aid." Annie says.

"A jumper here is called a sweater." She says as I smile that's one term I can get used to it's so cute.

Sweater

"Why are we at Starbucks?" I ask sweating after a twenty minute walk.

"Just follow my lead okay?" Annie questions as I agree quickly and we walk in.

"How can I help today?" I brace-faced ginger boy says as Annie coughs clearing her throat.

"Hi could I get a iced caramel cold brew with two pumps vanilla and two pumps of foam thank you." Annie says confidently pulling through with the fake American accent.

"And you?" The boy asks looking at me as I look up at the order board.

"Well Umm I guess I ugh I will have a Mango Dragonfruit Refresher." I mumble out face palming as i screw it up and end up sounding more British then before.

The brace faced ginger boy walks off with a smug grin as i glare at Annie.

"Don't. Say. A. Word." I mutter shooting a warning glare at her as she throws her hands up in defence.