𝟎𝟐

June 14

June 14

Los Angeles California, USA

The moment we walked into the club, I felt out of my element. People were dancing and grinding all over each other on the dance floor, others were walking around with shots in their hands.

Lord have mercy on my life. "Let's go get some shots and dance!" Ariel grabs my hand to the bar and orders 4 tequila shots. The bartender quickly fills up the small shot glasses and passes them back to us. "Down it Ximena! Uno, Dos, Tres" We both swallowed the shots in no time. I had to take a short breath because I haven't digested alcohol in a while.

"I'm gonna go dance now, care to join?" Ariel said and I quickly declined. I needed to let the drink settle into my system before I fall and look like a dumbass.

My body starts to feel the alcohol and I loosen up. Liquid courage on a real note. I feel as if someone is staring at me. It's like a 6th sense type of thing. I start to look around and find a tall, muscular man looking at me. Our eyes meet at once, the tension in the room fills up. Damn, this is a fine ass specimen.

I look back at the dance floor and see Ariel dancing with a man. No way in hell am I interrupting that. My eyes wander back to the last tequila shot I didn't take. I scotched it closer to me and downed it.

The world felt a little lighter to me at that moment. The feeling of not being judged was finally strutting its way into my head. Fuck it. I don't know if it was the tequila or my mind talking but I ran to the dance floor.

My body was feeling the music and my hips were swaying. Live life like it's your last. Dancing used to be my passion in life. In Spain, I used to do Flamenco with my little cousin but we had to quit since we were very poor.

The tiredness of dancing quickly caught up to me and I when back to the bar. My hands land on the table as I ask the bartender for some water to sober upon.

My brown hair cascaded onto my breasts and my nude lipstick was still sticky. The bartender hands me my water and I quickly gulp it down without a warning.

"Hello there, Bellissima" I turn and see the mysterious man who was looking at me earlier. "May I buy you a drink?" He said to me and I nodded. Why is he talking to me? "Excuse me, can you please make a tequila shot for this lovely woman here? It'll be on me." My eyes widened as he said he would pay for my drink. "What's your name, beautiful?" His voice sent automatic shocks of energy into my body. "Ximena, Ximena De León. How about you?" A slight grin falls onto his face. "Santiago, Santiago Romero but Santi for short." Santiago winks at me and I giggle a bit.