"Yes," I nodded. "Fire Moon was horrible. If it hadn't been for my father's friend Benjamin, I probably wouldn't even be here now," I added, quietly. My heart hurt at the thought of never seeing Benjamin again. I hoped Beckett hadn't meant what he had said to me when we were on our way to the Castle in the Middle. I hoped, more than anything, that Benjamin and his family were safe.

"I am sorry to hear about that," Vince said. "But not everyone here will accept that as easily." Lotta and Vince both immediately believed me when I said I hadn't wanted to be in Fire Moon. I guessed my poor appearance testified to that. But I knew that not everyone here would give me that same trust.

"I know," I said. "But I am no longer Fire Moon. I've never felt like Fire Moon anyways."

"Well, this is getting too grim," Lotta interrupted. "This is a celebration, we can talk about these dark subjects later. Tell me more about your friend, Sari." Lotta offered me a reassuring smile.

"After my father passed, he was the one to take on the fatherly role," I said. "As much as he could, anyways. Beckett didn't make it easy for anyone to help me. But Benjamin owned a bar, The Dancing Wolf, and he was able to provide me a warm place to spend my days when it was wet or cold outside. Sometimes he was able to let me work for him in exchange for coin. He also gave me food whenever he could." I smiled at the memory of The Dancing Wolf. However charming Rahas may be, I was sure that no bar in this entire city could come close to Benjamin's bar.

"He sounds like a charming man," Vince observed. Lotta nodded in agreement.

"He absolutely is," I confirmed. "He has saved my life in more ways than I can imagine."

Lotta offered me a consoling look, probably sensing the sorrow and worry that hung over my happiness. "So, Vince. Our Moon and that friend Benjamin, can you work with that?"

"Oh, oh no," I cut in, before Vince could answer. "I love Benjamin, but I don't want him tattooed on me. I don't want any face tattooed on me, for that matter."

Vince and Lotta both cackled at my objection. "Don't worry, girl. I can't tattoo a face I haven't seen before," Vince said as he shot me a comforting wink. "I'll think of something. Give me a few minutes." Vince left to the back of the shop, where he sat down at a table, took out a pencil and paper and started drawing. I was amazed that he seemed to have an idea so quickly. I couldn't think of anything.

          "So, you have to tell me

"So, you have to tell me. Why did Aven offer you the Bite? I'm dying to know," Lotta chirped as she pulled out two chairs from behind the counter.

I shrugged my shoulders as I took the glass of water she offered me. "I'm not sure, actually. He said he wanted to send Beckett a message. That Death is coming."

"Finally. It's about time that sunburned Alpha gets what he deserves." Her eyes sparkled. I wondered what he could have done to her.

I took a sip of my water as I nodded in agreement with her. "Doesn't the idea of war scare you, though?"