It feels like someone crushing my lungs, air finding it hard to reach me. Shock freezes my body and I genuinely don't know what to do with myself.

Romeo stiffens beside me, but I can't bring myself to pay him any mind. The scans can't be real, they have to have been forged. I would never inflict any kind of damage on Car, let alone forcefully touch her.

I lift a hand to cover my mouth, trying to reign in my temper and emotions. The files have to be fake- unless-

"These files are official documents from the hospital." Emiliano continues, "They show damage to the vaginal canal as well as cervix. These are injuries she's currently recovering from, as well as her decline in mental health. Many are aware that for this reason it was deemed unsafe for her to attend today."

My mouth goes dry and I stand up suddenly, not in control of my actions as I shove my chair backwards and make my way over to my defendant, my handcuffed hands still awkwardly in front of me.

I can hear Romeo hissing at me to sit down but my focus is getting my hands on those files- and then promptly wringing Emiliano's neck, police be damned.

"Evangelos, sit down immediately." My defendant scolds as I get closer to him, Emiliano still keeping up his act of beloved boyfriend.

I ignored his claims and snatched the file out of his hands, rummaging through them. There were multiple scans and written reports, explaining and highlighting the abnormalities found in her body. It was marked as an official hospital document but... this could easily have been faked, and besides, Car would never let them look over her.

At least not willingly...

Bile started to churn in my gut and rise up my throat at the thought. I needed to know for sure, I needed to know if this was real-

My head whips up and searches the stands, hearing noise surrounding me but ignoring the people yelling at me.

There- my eyes find Andreas, a question in them as I stare, and his returning gaze only confirms the worst.

These papers were real.

These scans were of Car.

Multiple emotions rush through my body, but I can only seem to identify clearest with one- anger. My whole body feels tense, excess energy having built up from days being separated from my family and I needed to find a release.

I didn't realise my hands were crushing the files before a hand clasped my shoulder.

Two officers had grabbed me, prying the files out of my hand as I reluctantly let them go and am roughly escorted back to my seat.

"Get the fuck off me." I snarl, shoving them off my shoulders as I sit back down, my knee now tapping with built up nerves as I try process what the fuck I just figured out.

It's only now that I hear the uproar in the room: Emiliano exclaiming some bullshit, his lawyer talking with the judge, the jury muttering amongst themselves.

A hand lands on my knee, "Hey, are you good?" Romeo asks, though when I look down at him I find his eyes are watery.

"No." I respond a little more icily than intended and instantly regret my tone with him. My features soften, and for a rare time in my life I feel the need to cry. "I'm sorry Romeo, I'm so sorry I've fucked this for us both-"

"Order! Order please!" The judge bellows, his gavel coming down hard on the table as the room quietens. "I'm sorry Mr. Kosmos," he continues, frowning down at me, "But I can only see that as an act to directly tamper with evidence." He scowls, and I keep my face passive, though a storm of rage is building in me.