Chapter 20 New Visitors

Two days went past from the day few ogres became kijins. Ogre Tribe began to rebuild their home just about 20 minute walk from the Cave of the Seal, they would do it closer but there wasn't enough space to do so. At first Shiva was concerned that they have no skilled carpenters, stone cutters and general builders that could build those things. 

 Fortunately he later was informed that few young ogres were from families that specialized in that. They weren't the best but with time they will become artists in their job. As of now, ogres still sleep in tents while they build more useful at the moment buildings.

 One of the first of those buildings was a two floor pantry where all previously taken and now gathered food is be storage. It was build to not only protect it from wild animals but also to prevent other races as goblins to steal from them. 

 Second building that was already build was an open kitchen. One of the sides had a big, wide window without a glass in it. There were few shelves with wooden bowls and cutlery. Many ogre women knew how to cook but by a vote among the tribe, it was decided that Princess will be the Head Cook. Many loved food made by her and so many ogre women were determined to join her and learn few tricks from her.

 Unfortunately for Shion, she was banned from this kitchen. A wooden board outside the doors informed her that she was not allowed into the kitchen. She wasn't angry at anyone by any means as she knew no one liked her food, besides Shiva that is. But she was sad that she won't be able to cook anymore stew for her Shiva. 

 After few seconds of being sad she became determined to cook in secrecy but of course it didn't work. Thanks to her clumsiness and how she does everything with her full strength, other ogres found out almost immidetly. But seeing that the food she makes isn't going to trash but is eaten by Shiva, they let it slide as long as she doesn't waste too much food. 

 And the third building that is close to being finished is a blacksmith. He is needed to make more tools, nails and weapons. Fortunately nearby caves and the lone mountain are rich in both simple iron ores and magical ones too. 

 Now, Shiva sits under a tree, playing on a shamisen. While he doesn't have any talent in carpentry, he can play some music to make work a little bit more enjoyable to nearby ogres. As he plays he notices that someone came to him. He looks up and sees that it's Benimaru. 

"And what does bring the Ogre Chief to me?"

 Said Shiva jokingly while smiling. Benimaru shook his head and sat down next to him, looking over the humble beginnings that is the New Ogre Village. 

"Not a chief...yet. We need to build a small chapel where ceremony can be commenced."

"A chapel? I can imagine that it would be honored to Velodra?" 

"Yes, you are right."

 Shiva frowned while scratching his horn. 

"And what does religion comes into your rule?"

 Benimaru looks back at Shiva and shrugs.

"For me it's stupid but our ancestors believe that our right to rule comes from both our strength and gods. So as a part of ceremony I will need to fight those who want to take over title of a chief and then be blessed by a priest...will not be that easy."

 Shiva took in everything and smiled while budging Benimaru.

"Hey, maybe I will challenge you and become the next chief!"

 Benimaru laughed as a response and nodded.

"If you want then do it. I will be glad to give this rule into your hands."