Chapter 15 Village Left Behind...

Blacksmith's son run through the burning village, corpses all around his path. he had one goal, to join the Guard Captain and find Shiva. With his right hand he hold his big hammer while in the other one he held Young Master and the Ogre Girl.

 Finally he heard sounds of fighting. He run past burning rubble and saw few remaining ogres and the Guard Captain himself fighting with small group of orcs. Blacksmith's son roared and charged forward with his hammer raised. When he was close, he swung it with great strength breaking orc's arm and allowing Guard Captain to kill it.

 Just as the orc was down, Guard Captain saw Young Master and the Ogre girl. 

"You! Where is Chief and his wife?!"

 Blacksmith's son didn't say anything. He simply closed his eyes and lowered his head. Guard Captain understood it and cursed underneath his nose. He was Chief's old friend just like his son and Young Master, but it was not time for grief.

"Quickly! Run to into the forest, east! You should still catch up to them!"

"What about Shiva?! Is he there?! He must heal them!"

 Using little time of peace, Guard Captain sat down on some rubble and wiped his face off from sweat. Then he looked back at Blacksmith's son. 

"I don't know..."

 Blacksmith's son nodded slowly before passing by them. Just as he was about to enter the forest he looked back at the Guard Captain, his eyes slightly frighten.

"Are you not coming?"

 "At first we were supposed to stay here to make sure that Chief and his wife or Young master leave the village. But now...We will cover your escape.

"What?! You can't! Go with me, there is enough time!"

 "No there is not!"

 Guard Captain raised his voice while glaring at Blacksmith's son. 

"You all need enough time to run away. if you don't, then they will smell you out and follow....Those bastards always had keen smell."

 He mumbled the last sentence under his nose before standing up. He smiled slightly toward the black ogre.

"Go...Today is time that you, young, will take care of ogre's future. We old now need to have our last stand."

 Guard Captain faced the burning village and noticed orcs in the distance, other guards stood next to him, holding their weapons ready to fight. Blacksmith's son seeing that he can do nothing to convince them otherwise, he took of towards the remaining survivors...

 He run fro good few minutes until he noticed the group, take refuge on a forest clearing. He run towards it and once he exit the forest, everyone's eyes were on him. He himself made a quick scan of his surroundings, most of the survivors were young ogres, only few were elderly. 

"We are here!"

 Blacksmith's son looked towards the shout and he saw Guard Captain's son waving towards him, he was together with Ryujin, his brother and princess. Blacksmith's son smiled slightly and joined them immediately. 

 Princess and Guard Captain's Son were happy seeing their friend, until the saw what he was carrying.  Everyone in the clearing saw it and all grew sad and feared for Young Master's condition. 

 "What happen?!"

 Princes screamed as she helped her unconscious brother down tot he ground while Ryujin's brother laid down his granddaughter. 

"I don't know...When I was running away, I saw your mother as she was trying to wake up your brother. I protect her from and orc and she ordered me to run away with them and find Shiva..."