Chapter 19 Miracle of Evolution

It was noon by now. Every ogre was awake, ready to rebuild their home. But now they have other things to worry. Shiva and the rest didn't come back last night, they were nowhere to be found. Ogres searched for them in the area around the camp and little further away. The one who was the most worried was no one else but Princess.

 She was worried for her brother and the kijin she loves. She hoped that everything is okay and that they will come back safe so that they can rebuild their home together. But with every minute she and the other looked for them her worries grew and grew.

 As she walked through the camp she heard a commotion in the center of it. She made her way there and saw a gathering of ogres who were listening to the Ogre Priest. He was standing in front of them with his two bodyguards next to him.

"I told him not to come here! But Young Master new better! He decided to listen to Shiva and bring us here! And now he and few of our greatest ogres are gone! Why is that you may think? It's quite simple! It's Shiva who kidnapped them!"

 Young Ogres began to murmur among each other. Even tho many of them thought of Shiva as a nice kijin, many didn't knew him that well. And that is why they could believe what Ogre Priest is saying.

 "Yes, he might have helped the Princess! But what if it wall just a play?! We never heard of other ogres in the world but us, and suddenly he shows up! And did you see his ability?! Back during that damned attack I myself saw how he devoured those orcs! Just like they did! What if it was all a play for him to lead us to a trap?! What if he works with the orcs?! What if he IS an orc?! There are wonders of magic that even we don't know!"

 Princess's eyes widen as she heard what he was saying. Her fist and teeth clenched in anger and she growled, flashing her fangs. She heard her father and brother talk few times about the Ogre Priest. He is a man that in the times of her grandfather had a lot of influence, as they faced great famine and faith was the only thing keeping ogres in one part.

 But when her father took over, he made sure to lower that influence and bring people back to the chief family, not that priest. Ogre Priest was angry and became her father's enemy. And it seems that as opportunity shows itself, he will try to take over the tribe. All ogres in the camp are young and many are afraid.

 Even if she would speak up now, she never had any power. Only her brother or maybe even Shiva could stop the Ogre Priest from manipulating those young ogres. She bit her lip trying to think of anything that could help her find them. And then, a memory of last night came to her. 

 Her eyes widen and she slapped her forehead.

"I am so stupid! The Cave!"

 With all strength she had she headed towards The Cave of Seal. This was the only hunch she had and she must check it. After running for some time she arrives at the gates. She breaths heavily as she was not as athletic as other ogres. 

"I hope you are all here..." 

 She takes few step forward, just for her to stop. She watches as the gates open and shadowy figures leave the cave. A wide smile appears on her face. As they leave shadows, sun gleams off from their horns.

"Ah~! Nothing better then some sunshine!"

{Last Night...}

"I will name you all..."

 Ogres looked at Shiva shocked, not fully believing what he said. Young Master was first to regain his composure, as he new that evolution was something very serious. He got closer to Shiva and looked him into the eyes.

"Are you sure about it? What if you run out of magicules?"

 Shiva smiled as answer to his question.

"Don't worry. I have quite an amount of them. But I can't name all the ogres at once, so for now I will name the best of the best."