chapter four || 04

Começar do início

It's plain, yet enticing. Much like him. He seems very unapproachable as you meet him, but maybe there's more to him than he lets on which makes him even more interesting and makes me want to know him more. Just out of pure curiosity on what goes on with his life.

I sound so nosy right now, but I can't help it.

He goes around his desk and takes a seat on his boss chair. "Would you like to come sit? Or are you going to stand there like chimp the whole time?" He questions, bringing me out of my thoughts and puts his elbows on the desk with his chin resting on his knuckles.

My cheeks burn with embarrassment and I mutter a 'sorry' before quickly making my way to the chair and taking a seat. "Uh, so this is my resumé, anything else you need is there in my file." I take it out of my bag and hand it to him.

He thanks me quietly, almost as if I can barely hear him making me question if he even said it and grabs the file from me.

I feel his large fingertips lightly brush against mine, making me drop my hand quickly and placing it back on my lap. I fidget with my fingers a lot.

Stop being so embarrassing idiot.

Shut up! I'm trying.

He skims through the main information and finally looks at me.

He gives me a slightly impressed look, then it goes back to neutral once again. "Impressive resumé, Miss Brown. I will go over this and decide, give me until the end of today and I will have someone call you." He says, and placed the file back onto his desk.

The way my name rolls out of his mouth makes me want to surrender myself to him. But, we're not showing anybody how weak we truly are.

I take a breath of relief. "Thank you sir." I smile.

He doesn't return my smile, but instead furrows his eyebrows then relaxes his face and speaks again. "My name is Vittorio, but just call me Mr. Russo."

His name is so very intriguing, I've never heard such a gorgeous name before. Especially in his own accent, making it sound eccentric.

"Oh right. Forgive me, Mr. Russo." I say, then he nods his head and just then we hear a knock on the door.

Vittorio looks at the door and tells them to come in, in his loud voice. They enter and I see a young boy who's maybe still in his teenage years even thought he looks extremely intimidating. I realise he looks very much alike Mr. Russo.

The boy closes the door and finally takes notice of me. "Who's this? Another one of your weekly fucks?" He spits out, with a disgusted face.

Vittorio narrows his eyes at him. "No Alessio. This is Nailea, she is applying for the assistant job if you must know."

"Oh, we'll that's tough." He guffaws, then looks at me. "I say run while you can. You never know what will come to my brother's mind." He says casually and stalks towards the bookshelf, grabs a book and walks back out.

My face morphs into confusion and Vittorio speaks. "Ignore anything my little brother says. Anything that comes to his mind, he'll speak without thinking." He reassures.

"Don't worry about. I have a sister who's the exact same. Anyway, I'll wait for the call then?" I say packing my stuff back and standing up.

He nods and stands up as well walking me out. He stops me just before I leave, his height still overpowering me. "Have a good day, Miss Brown."

I nod my head in content. "You as well Mr. Russo."

I walk out the door and head back down to my car.

**********

I finally make it back home and go inside the house.

"Mum, I'm home!" I shrug my coat off and place it on the hook and see my mum sleeping on the couch.

I walk over to her and place a blanket over her, in case she feels cold after then go to the kitchen to make myself some tea.

Just as I put the kettle on, the doorbell rings.

I quickly leave my tea and go to open the door, seeing my boyfriend Ethan.

"So? How was your interview?" He asks, walking in and taking his jacket off.

I go back to the kitchen to finish off my tea and he follows, sitting on a bar stool by the counter. "It was alright, he said he'll look over it and let me know if I've been hired."

"Oh, that's great! At least you know there's a chance." He says, while eating a banana.

Yeah. Let's just hope Mr. Russo doesn't do too much research into me though.

That would be messy.

*********

Helloo! How's everyone?

Nai killed the interview, let's hope she gets hired.

(Who am i kidding, this is bloody wattpad)
(And I'm also the writer so of course I know what's gonna happen)

I'm a genius, really.

Until next time..

Rue :)