10: Melancholic Melodies

Start from the beginning

"Sharp as always. The owl lady should not be able to foil the Titan's will" The emperor ordered.

"She won't have a choice." The boy answered.

Hunter walked in the dim hallways on his way to his bedroom.

He flinched, feeling a stinging pain in his arm. Some blood managed to seep through his yellow uniform. All he did was sigh.

When he arrived at his room he took a healing kit only to find that it was fresh out of healing potions and ointments. He took the leftover bandages instead and wrapped his untreated wound.

He looked out of his window. The day was brighter than most days in the isles. He watched the birds fly around freely in the sky. He envied them.

He laid down his aching back on his bed and let out a deep sigh. He then suddenly remembered that he had an appointment with the human. He glanced at his clock jolted up, causing him to fall off his bed.

"Ow! Oh no, I'm late!"

He grabbed his bag and swiftly went on his way to Y/N.

It was quite a rough ride on the staff for Hunter. It was not easy to drive through the windy currents of the sky with an injured arm after all. As a result, it wasn't exactly a smooth landing.

"Ugh! Ow! Gah!!" Hunter grunted and yelled as he rolled down a hill after the fall before hitting a tree. "Oof! Stupid tree..." He grumbled.

He stood up and brushed the dirt off of his uniform. He looked around only to realize that this part of the forest where he fell was unfamiliar to him. The trees were denser and taller than those in his usual route. "Where in Titan am I?!" He whispered. "Well no problem, I'll just fly my way out of here." He assured himself.

"I just need my... staff? Where's my staff?! NO no no no no-" Hunter frantically looked for his staff.

"O-ok Hunter Calm down..." He sighed. "I'll just have to look for my staff... calmly."

"But that might take forever. Y/N is waiting for me. She'll probably hate me forever after this." He groaned. He slid down and curled up into a ball of hopelessness.

"This is it. Back to being lonely and friendless." He whined whilst laying on the mossy forest grounds.

But then Hunter heard an echoing sound from afar. "wha- who's there?!" He jolted up. There was no answer.

He closed his eyes, trying to listen to the mysterious sound.

"Is that... singing? It's singing! It's a person!" He quickly stood up and ran, following the singing voice.

He heard the sound grow louder as he approached closer to the source. "Hey, this part of the forest is familiar." He panted.

He weaved through the trees and jumped over boulders before arriving before the forest's end. He stopped. The voice was clear and crisp. "It's coming from here." He said, quite exasperated from running.

He peeked behind a tree and saw Y/N. She was sitting right there in their meeting place, singing a tune that Hunter found unfamiliar. Nevertheless, he was in awe at the beautiful voice.

Y/N:

🎶Two birds on a wire~
One tries to fly away
And the other watches him close from that wire~
He says he wants to as well
But he is a liar

I'll believe it all~~
There's nothing I won't understand

I'll believe it all~~
I won't let go of your hand~🎶