Chapter 11: Layer by layer

Start from the beginning

I hopped into the shower, letting the cool liquid calm my warm body. I couldn't stop thinking about last night. Every so often I felt myself smirk at the thought of her underneath me but I shook it off, trying to focus on washing the conditioner out of my hair.

I had no idea what was going on between us anymore, I swore it was just a little game but I felt myself wanting to be in the same room as her. I don't know why, she was a bitch but at the same time her presence brought something out in me. Something I didn't know if I liked or was terribly afraid of.

I put on a sports bra and leggings, lacing up my converse and braiding back my hair before grabbing my bag and heading out to meet her.

"Hey" I mumbled arriving at the gym.

"I've got the whole place cleared for the day so we can train in peace" she said back.

"Oh um thanks"

"It's not a favour I just can't train surrounded by people" she replied coldly.

I could tell she was trying to push me away and I'll admit her tone did sting a little.

I walked past her through the doors before dropping my bag down and making my way to the punching bags.

She followed in silence making her way to the treadmill. For about an hour we trained away from each other giving brief eye contact each time we went to get water.

"You ever tried self defence?" She asked

"I mean I know how to hold a fight but I've never taken an actual class no" I replied

"Come here" she said climbing into the boxing ring.

I didn't say a word I just followed her, pulling the rope up so I could climb under.

"If we do go after Yelena I need to know you can protect yourself against her. She's dangerous y/n" I could sense a hint of real concern behind her voice that made me feel warmer.

"I know her Natasha I can taker her. She's not the karate kid" I rolled my eyes.

"She killed 6 grown men in 4 minutes using only a pocket knife and her hands"

"So when do we start" I said a little too fast. I may have underestimated her. The last time I saw her she was a scrawny street kid robbing convenience stores, not murdering people.

"Well if she comes at you unexpectedly..." suddenly she jolts forward towards me with her fist heading towards my face. I grabbed her arm and stopped her but she swept her leg under my foot sending me tumbling to the floor.

"Never make initial contact" she said holding her hand out.
I took it allowing her to drag me up. "Ok mr mayagi" I teased meeting her eyes.

I felt her hand snake around my waist pulling me harshly towards her. Her finger stroked my chin lifting my head close to hers. "Y/n don't tease"

"Oh I forgot that was your job" I whispered back

"Except when I tease you end up shaking beneath me" she moved closer to my cheek as the sensation of her breath tickled my skin.

Frustrated I grabbed her wrist and spun her around so that her back was pressed into my front and her arm was fully in my grip keeping her pinned in place. I pretended to jab her in the chest with my free hand. "Oops you're dead. You should've been focusing more Miss Romanoff" I said smirking beside her ear.

"Touché" she said pinning me to the floor.

"How..." I said gaping up at her.

"I have all sorts of special tricks" she smirked climbing on top of me, putting her legs on either side of my torso. "Now stop teasing and focus, I'm losing patience" she was so weightless on top of me. Despite her full body sitting down on me it didn't hurt at all.

"Yes Miss Romanoff" i croaked back, a lump in my throat.

"Good girl" our lips were inches apart.

I shoved her off me and stood back up smoothing my clothes out with my palm.

Suddenly a voice echoed from the door.

"Wow y/n I'm impressed...you found yourself another redhead to fuck" she said, in the same smooth Russian tone.

I swallowed hard, blinking her into vision

"Yelena" i croaked.

"Hello y/n"