Chapter 11: Layer by layer

NATS POV:

I woke up with the sun coating me. It was surprisingly warm for December but I took it in, laying there sleepily as it shone. I felt an arm weighted around my waist and images of last night came flooding back. Oh shit.

I jolted my head up off the mattress and looked to the right of me to see y/n undressed around me still fast asleep. I watched her for a moment as her chest rose and fell slowly, her hair lay wavy around her shoulders glowing under the sunlight. Wow she was beautiful. Don't get me wrong I knew she was hot but this was different. I didn't look at her with lust or anger or the idea of undressing her I just saw her. All her freckles and curves and the fleck of brown in the corner of her blue eyes. She looked beautiful and peaceful and honestly I didn't want to wake her. I could have stared at her like this for hours.

But I didn't.

"Y/n" I said quietly gently shaking her arm.

"Mhm" she mumbled fluttering her eyelashes.

"We have to get up, Maria will be here soon" I was trying not to be harsh. I knew I'd been hard on her and I felt slightly bad about it besides after last night I had no clue how to act around her. I'd let my guard down and it was going to bite me in the ass.

"Ugh Natasha why" she groaned turning away from me to face away from the harsh sun in the window.

I liked it when she said my name.

"Seriously y/n I'm not kidding. We can't be like this if Maria decides to turn up early or something. We have a job to do" I said less calmly.

"Your no fun" she said sitting up not realising the duvet would fall revealing her exposed chest.

I turned away slightly incase she wanted her privacy.

But then I felt her finger curl under my chin and pull my neck round to face her.

"You can look" she lent over to my ear "I know you want to" she pulled away smirking leaving me nervous. God what was wrong with me. Nobody did this to me before and now I was practically a wreck.

The idea of being powerless intimidated me and made me feel unsure which scared me. And my common response was to close up.

Y/N:

I felt her green eyes scan down for a split second before shooting back up to meet mine. She pushed herself off the bed and grabbed the blanket wrapping herself in it before I could look at her properly. I felt good in the fact that I had won last night. I didn't get her on her knees but I was going to. After all I'd promised her I would.

I opened my mouth to speak but she cut me off.

"Last night never happened ok" she raised a brow at me hinting that she wanted it kept secret but it stung a little thinking that she may possibly regret it and didn't like it.

"Oh um ok" I looked down unsure of how to continue the conversation but she went into the bathroom before I could think up my next sentence.

We got dressed in Separate rooms in silence and eventually she emerged and headed for the door dressed in last nights clothing.

"Natahsha" I said

"I have to go y/n, things to do. I'll see you at 1 in the gym?" She asked expressing I was supposed to go.

"Sure" I replied quietly.

The gym really. I mean I knew she wanted to refresh some of her old skills incase we had an issue with Yelena but I don't know what she expected me to do. I may be smart but I'm not the karate kid.