Chapter 1: Black Stilettos

Y/N POV:

The days had been melting together in a blur. College was exhausting and Mr Rogers lectures were so boring. English with him was like torture.

However we'd been informed that Mr Rogers took up a new job and so we'd be getting a new professor.

I slumped to class reluctantly, I hated new teachers especially halfway through a year.

It was my final college year and I was nearly 20, so couldn't wait to leave education and do what I wanted.

Carol greeted me at the door frowning. She was my best friend, we'd been close since we were kids. She loved art and sport whereas I preferred science and music. I picked English for the sake of my parents, I don't even know why she's in this class. Probably to look at Mr Rogers for an hour. Except she couldn't do that anymore, hence the frown on her lips.

I never understood why the girls were so mesmerised by him. I guess he wasn't my type.

I was about to pull out my phone after sitting at my desk before the door swung open. Except it wasn't the usual heavy tap of a males feet coming through the door.

A light click of black stilettos entered instead.

"Good morning everyone, I'm miss Romanoff. I'll be your new English professor" she said calmly.

I felt my eyes sneak up from her shoes to her legs and then her silk blouse. It's top button undone allowing the slighting glimpse at her glowing skin. Her eyes were a stunning shade or forest green, glowing ever so gently under the ceiling light. Her hair fell past her shoulder in loose red curls. She was simply beautiful.

Dressed in black tapered trousers and a silk shirt paired with heels she looked respectable but at the same time very attractive.

I shook my head to snap myself out of a daze. Everyone must have thought she was attractive it's not like I fancied her.

I watched her eyes skim the class staring a little longer at me causing me to shift in my chair. She strode over to the desk at the front of the room setting her self down.

"As you may know Mr Rogers has left this school so I will be taking over as your new English teacher. I don't tolerate disrespect so if you respect me I'll respect you, Simple. I understand that I am new so I don't expect you to pour your life's trauma out at me in the first week but I am here after school hours if anyone needs me." She said simply, a firm but fair tone in her voice. I could tell she was the kind of person not to tolerate any bullshit.

As she walked over to the chalkboard and began writing I found myself unable to understand anything she was saying. I just sat there all lesson staring at her but not actually listening to her. When she moved my eyes followed her.

Every 10 minutes or so she would look over at me and we would lock eyes until the bell rang for lunch.

"Ok everyone pack up and I'll see you tomorrow, and Y/N can you stay a moment please" she commanded. She waited until everyone had piled out into the hall before shutting the door in-front of me.

She turned to face me before parting her lips to speak.

"Something more important than my lesson miss
Y/L/N?" she asked looking from my legs up to my face. She was slightly taller than me so her presence was overly intimidating.

"Um no I'm sorry I was distracted" I blurted out. My heart was beating faster in my chest as her eyes pierced my own. Not once did she remove her gaze.