Technically, he, in any case, should not have been a Left Protector. It was only due to his utmost loyalty and Wen Renhe's trust in him, that he was able to attain such a high position.

When Wen Renhe found him in a pile of corpses, Yin Hanjiang was barely alive. He had been poisoned and half of his body was festering badly. No one would have regarded him as a living person, and even if they knew he was still breathing, no one would have saved him.

It just so happened that Wen Renhe was passing by. With his keen sense of life and death, he found the dull-eyed Yin Hanjiang, who was quietly waiting to die.

At that time, Wen Renhe, who was still a master of a small sect of the devil path, used the tip of his toes to kick Yin Hanjian's body, then looked down at that child to say emotionlessly, "I need a sword."

Little Yin Hanjiang raised his little arms to grab Wen Renhe's shoes with such strength no one knew where it came from.

Ever since then, Yin Hanjiang had become an emotionless sword, only for Wen Renhe to brandish.

His cultivation had been developing at a rapid pace; in just a decade, he had advanced to the Soul Combination stage, which was even several times faster than Wen Renhe. Who would have known that after reaching the Soul Combination stage, no matter how hard Yan Hanjiang practiced, he just couldn't advance any further. Hence, his realm had remained stagnant for one hundred years.

Wen Renhe initially thought that Yin Hanjiang had reached his peak when he had advanced to Soul Combination, but the book clearly stated that Ghost Face's cultivation was at the peak of Mahayana.

This was also one of the reasons why the female lead never guessed that Yin Hanjiang was Ghost Face. Firstly, in the beginning, Yin Hanjiang had been so kind to her, that she wouldn't have doubted him at all. Secondly, even though Yin Hanjiang had gained some luck from protecting the female lead, his cultivation was clearly at the first layer of Soul Combination. Hence, who would have guessed that Ghost Face, whose cultivation was at Mahayana, was Yin Hanjiang?

At the later stage of this abusive love story, Ghost Face was already the most powerful person in the cultivation world. If it was not for his obsession with using Baili Qingmiao for refinement, he would have long been able to break through and cross over into the immortal realm.

Baili Qingmiao had really been thrown into a cauldron by Ghost Face for refinement. It was a wonder how lucky she had been, as she had managed to fuse with her divinity right at the most critical moment, causing a terrible force to break out, which had then killed Yin Hanjiang instantaneously.

Yin Hanjiang was at Soul Combination stage, but Ghost Face was at Mahayana stage. There was a difference of two realms between both of them.

Wen Renhe looked at the side profile of his most trusted subordinate and said, "Hold out your hand."

Yin Hanjiang held out his hand. Wen Renhe then locked onto the meridian point on his wrist and transferred some true Qi into his body, straight to the meridian point in his heart. After a round of examination, he was certain that Yin Hanjiang really was at the first layer of Soul Combination, without any adulteration. In addition, there was a massive amount of unconvertible soul force in his Dantian, which remained there after cultivating for one hundred years. It must have been for breaking through the cultivation realm, that he had forcefully accommodated this unbearable soul force there. It must have been really painful.

If it wasn't for that book, it would have been impossible for Wen Renhe to understand Yin Hanjiang's situation and he would have deemed Yin Hanjiang as not having enough talent.

Apparently there were still many seemingly bizarre plot points in the book, but in actual fact there were reasonable explanations behind them all.

"How long has it been like this?" Wen Renhe asked.