Disowned

"This is not right, dad. You can't do this," Danzel gritted out, clutching his phone tightly. A bitter vexation adorning his features. 

"You are playing dirty now. You think you can bend me to your will by doing this? You do remember I am the boss now? I have the power," he fired back, pacing his study room.

His scowl deepened when his dad said something.  

"I know what I am doing, dad. I will not let you give my share to some goddamn trust," Danzel replied gruffly and hung up the call.

He halted in front of his table and kicked its leg in frustration before starting pacing again.  

Rudolph had ousted him from his family's will for protecting a family enemy. According to his father, a traitor like him deserved no share in the family's property. The accusation had no doubt hurt him. Danzel was his dad's pride, his successor. His dad had always fulfilled all his wishes but Danzel wasn't able to fulfill his one wish.

If Danzel had asked him to bring him stars in his childhood, his dad would have brought them for him too. Maybe that's why being failed as a son was affecting him this much. 

You disappointed me, son

His dad's disappointed words echoed in his ear, nagging him, provoking him.

He grabbed the nearby vase and threw it against the wall, the loud shattering sound rippled across the room. 

He was breathing heavily. He rubbed a hand down his face, feeling all his repressed frustration swimming up to the surface. His mom was ignoring him since that day in the hospital and he had seen the pain in her eyes that his words had caused. And now his dad too. He wasn't used to failing. And here he was failing both as a son, as a brother. 

"Damn it," he violently turned over the glass table, causing the antique Chinese vase to crush into powder along with the glass, giving way to a loud crashing sound. 

The door to his study drew open a moment later. He turned his head to the side and found Inessa standing by the door.

The apple of discord. 

Her eyes were surveying the chaotic condition of his room with a befuddled expression.    

Danzel walked back to his chair and sat on it while staring at her. 

She looked up to meet with his intense gaze that was already boring holes on her face. He had put his chin on the top of his interlinked fingers. He looked magisterial in this pose.  

"Come here," he commanded in his cold, curt tone. His eyes refused to leave her face even for a second. The girl showed her hesitance. 

She had just come to see what had happened as she had heard a loud crashing sound.  

"Don't make me repeat myself, Inessa," his voice had slightly lowered to a warning. 

Inessa was scared. He didn't look in a good mood. She wanted to run off but she knew there was no escape. If she tried anything, he would hunt her down and punish her.

With hesitant steps, she walked over and stood in front of the table. 

"Closer," he instructed. She grudgingly rounded the table and stood in front of him. 

He turned his chair in her direction and tilted his head slightly while appraising her appearance with his cold blue eyes. 

"Sit in my lap," he commanded curtly. 

She looked away, feeling belittled by his comment. Danzel waited for her to obey but soon realised she wasn't going to.    

"Either get your ass on my lap or I am going to bend you over my knee. Choice is yours" his words froze her for a moment before she glanced up to meet his eyes. The small flame of a rebel in her eyes was swallowed by the fierce warning burning in his gaze. He was serious. He wold follow through with his promise if she didn't obey him.