"He might be hardheaded, but he has my genes. It's in our blood to fully devoted our life to the ones we love." Gregory said, "You know what I meant."

Herald remained silent as he remembered what happened before. All of Gregory's sacrifices just for Rita.

Herald scoffed making them chuckled. They already knew that he lost the argument.

"And as part of our help to the empire, we already sent Gusset with the mages as additional force to the Regina Household. It's only a must that he help his fiancé." Rita added.

Kimberly dropped a light kiss on her husband's cheek to console him before nodding to the Paxleys, "Going back to the main topic, let me discuss the plan." She said as she gently motioned her hand, revealing a set of magical figures— like what a modern hologram could do— on the table.

=====

"Smells good!" Harley exclaimed as he entered the kitchen, "I miss your cooking, Sis!"

Lesley chuckled as she dropped a kiss on Harley's hair, "I bet you do. I think you lost some weight, baby brother."

The mage genius pouted and sat on the chair, "None of those food taste delicious as your cooking, Sis. I just eat to survive for the past months."

"Yeah, I agree." A voice interrupted the siblings.

Harley rolled his eyes upon recognizing that voice and there they saw Gusion also entered the kitchen.

Ignoring Harley's glares, Gusion still went to Lesley to kiss her in the cheek and hugged her from the back.

"I said stop being so clingy with my sister!" Harley reprimanded and threw one card towards Gusion, but the the latter simply caught the card between his two fingers.

Gusion didn't speak but just hugged her tighter to piss Harley more. He even had the audacity to stuck out his tongue towards him.

Lesley shook her head a little. She had a feeling that this would be their routine starting now. They were already giving her a headache and it was just for few minutes when Gusion entered the kitchen.

She slightly elbowed Gusion's stomach making the latter winced, "Sit there beside Harley— and behave, love." She added when she saw Gusion was about to protest.

Both Gusion and Harley gaped at her. Harley pouted after few seconds but Gusion seemed to stop working. His mouth would open and close alternately— as if he couldn't find his voice to speak. He even sat on the chair beside Harley absentmindedly.

That made Lesley chuckled and went back to what she was cooking. When she looked back, Gusion still looked shocked.

"You look like a retard." Harley commented to Gusion while crossing his arms.

"I- I—" Gusion blinked multiple times to compose himself before he looked at her, "Damn, love. Don't surprise me like that. You'll be the death of me."

"Oh, really? Go on Sis, surprise him more so he could die early." Harley told her.

"I'll die happy." Gusion rebut.

"At least you'll die early and my sister can find another man—"

"Not gonna happen, little brat." Gusion said in a serious tone, "Not gonna happen."

Harley was slightly taken aback before he scoffed at him. He knew to himself that Gusion would do anything for his sister— he witnessed that during the past few months. He was impulsive but he kept his sister safe no matter what.