We reached the rest and somehow a redhead stood besides Paul now and I felt Cate tense next to me. This bastard! He honestly brought that Anna, to his son's birthday party? That woman he cheated on Cate with. When he noticed Cate, he smirked smugly. At this point I want to scratch his eyes out. Completely and violently.

"Well, well, well..." Paul laughed, without continuing any kind of conversation.

What the hell?

The whole payment was already made online and we were able to quickly get into the park. The climbing harness was put on the kids. They looked excited.

"Who of you is going to climb with them?" The employee asked.

Paul didn't even pay attention, or at least he acted as if he wasn't. The man straightened his suit. Anna knitted her brows a little and I let my eyes travel along her body. Not in a 'checking her out' way, because I surely am not interested in that kind of woman. She wore this short ass dress. Why the fuck would someone wear a dress when climbing?

Then I connected the wires. They did not even think about going up there. None of them. Did they even want to come? The kids began to ponder, so I cut in.

"I will." I stated and approached the guy, to let him put that harness on my body as well. I haven't been climbing in ages, but I remember it being fun. Before my mom passed, I went climbing with her. She had to hold me in her arms for a moment, before I managed to master the last bit of the parkour.

"So will I." Cate said suddenly and stepped closer as well. I rose my gaze and looked into her determined face.

The guy finished the whole procedure up. Meaning, we did a test parkour, even Edith went through it. It looked like she enjoyed it. Yet, she was only allowed to go onto two or three tracks in total, due to her height and age.

The first three times, we all went onto the same parkours with her, but the small boys wanted to get onto the higher ones. Dashiell, who was bored anyway, said he'd take care of her, which was okay for everyone, including Edith. She wished us good luck, as if we were about to go into war, which was quite sweet. And so, we were climbing up the higher parkours. Roman and Iggy were incredibly fast, whilst Cate and I were struggling to stay close behind them. Sweat had long started to form on my forehead and basically everywhere on my body. My throat was slowly getting dry.

"Boys, you truly need to slow down!" I panted out and saw them laughing in the distance. But did any of them slow down? No, of course they did not. I was on top of one of the platforms, which were secured on a tree, in between two parkours. Cate just stepped onto the same one. The moment before we made eye contact, I pulled my gaze off of her and attempted to keep going.

"Vera, you're ignoring me." Cate said and I stepped onto the first wobbly piece of wood in the air.

"Am not." I lied horribly badly, yet as that left my lips, I slipped off the element. My knee hit the platform, making me hiss, as the wood scratched my skin slightly open, through the fabric of my pants. I was just able to catch myself, before my face hit anything. That was first of all, embarrassing and second of all probably the funniest thing to watch anyway.

Was that karma? Well, if it wasn't, what else would it be?

Whilst I sat down and leaned my back against the tree, Cate approached me. "Yeah, right..." She scoffed. "Did I do anything? Or say anything that upset you?" I angled my knee and saw the pants still being in perfect shape.

My brows knitted and I hated, that she was able to see me like that... "No." I replied quickly. I wanted to hide away, in this very moment. Escape into my bed and under my beddings.

The Babysitter जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें