Chapter 21

Bellas POV:

That was dangerous

That was dangerous. I almost gave Luke myself. I mean I want it but I cannot give it to him. Not while he holds me prisoner and orders me around. Now I need to meet his parents? Luke said that we will eat dinner with them and I can stay down here and not in his room. And Carlos will stay my guard right? How embarrassing. When he said we should stop whatever we were doing he sounded like he heard everything.

I swear to myself that I won't ever let me go this far with Luke and sit down on my place again when someone opens the door.
Luke comes in and in his back are other people too who follow him.
I fidget around with my fingers under the table to hide my nervously.
Luke sits down next to me.

He came in companion with 3 other men which I recognise as his cousins. Or brothers...
Even when 2 years past they all still look the same. The only change is that they all seem to became stronger.
Their way how they walk became more dangerous. They walk like wild animals on a hunt. Their eyes are more alert. As soon as they entered the room I could see how they scanned the whole room. But I know they avoided my gaze.

When they sit down his parents enter the room too.

Luke gets to them and gives his mother a hug. I never thought Luke could have this side to him. If I'm honest I never realised Luke had a good relationship with his parents.
I remember Luke once told me he was adopted but he looks so much like his cousins as if they're brothers.

„Luke, we need to talk about a lot of things regarding the occurring problems." Was. I know this guy! He was in the coffee shop when Luke kidnapped me! I think his name was Xavier?

„That can wait until later. We haven't eating a meal together in quite some time. The others should also be here shortly." Luke's mother said.
She then turned towards me and said: „You must be Bella. We didn't have the time to introduce ourselves the last time we met." She slowly walks up to me and holds her hand towards me. „I'm Stefanie. Luke's mother. It's a pleasure meeting you."

I grab her hand and squeezes a little too tight for her as a signal. That I shouldn't be here. That I don't want to be here. That she must help me.

She looks me deep in my eyes as she too was trying to say something.

Then she walks away and sits next to Álvaro who must be her husband. He seems to be a more quiet person. But he still holds the power in this room. He sits there as if he's the king in his kingdom.

I feel like I walked into a cave full of beasts. That's the aura these people give me.
I locked eyes with Xavier and when he opened his mouth to say something to me the door opens and 5 other people entered. There was a women that didn't fit in here. She seemed like a fairy who saust doesn't belong here. She holds the hand on a little girl who is as beautiful as her.

This really is a whole family meeting.

Everyone sit down and the waiters bring the food.
Stefanie starts to talking.
,,Luke we have something important to say about new tracks about the enemies. But we should talk after the meal" her gaze wanders shortly to me while she said these words and then to the little girl.
She probably doesn't involve me and the kid in these matters.

I can understand why not the kid but why not me? I mean it's if I live in this house where the attack happened I really should be informed about these things too. I have to protect myself if something like this happens again.

Luke clears his throat ,,Yeah I'm already curious what you found. I found some information too but these doesn't bring us far so I hope we'll catch the assholes with your information"

Then there was silence.
You probably would be able to her a strand of her fall on the floor. Every now and then they stole glances my way and just as I thought I should say something the little girl opened her mouth.

„Lukie- I want a hug."
Luke obliged almost immediately and took her in his arms. Now she was on his lap right next to me and looked at me with wide eyes. She's at most 8 Years als and so cute.

„You look like a princess." She tells me and I can't understand where I look like one because I haven't had enough sleep and probably have bangs under my eyes.

,,You look much more beautiful" I try to sound nice.
The girl widens her big blue eyes even more.

,,LUKIE she's so nice. I want to be like her!" she says excited.

Like a reflex Luke and I met gazes and smiled at each other.