3

Adriana

Damien wasn't kidding when he says they take hockey seriously.

The whole night him and Ethan have been yelling at the screen. Flavia only yells when the puck gets stolen. I think she's just glad to be included.

I wasn't shocked to know that Damien had a home theatre in his basement. In a house like this... I'm sure I'll find anything.

After dinner Damien gave me one of his other jerseys to wear. It also said Carvelli. It's massive on me and I'm not short for a woman I'm 5'10. Damien just a stupidly wide shoulders and large arms.

"I don't know what's going on," Flavia whispers up at me.

The whole night she's been glued to me. Damien thinks it's because there's no other girls, unless his sisters visit from Florida.

She sits on my lap, mumbling —what sounds like— magic spells.

"I don't know either, Princess," I whisper back

"Oh come on! This is why no one fucking likes you guys!" Damien yells

"King Daddy! That's $5 in the cuss word jar," Flavia exclaims

"Sorry, Princess," Damien quickly turns around kisses his daughter on the head

Damien's absolute weakness is his kids, especially Flavia. He's a great dad, the kids respect him but he shows it back. He's fun.

He's the dad every kid would want.

The game goes to break and both Damien and Ethan sit back down. Ethan's sweating and Damien's face is red.

"They're trash this season," Ethan groans

"I know. I'll get tickets for a Canadians game. We'll go on a weekend, I'm not gonna waste any of my money on these guys this season," Damien tells his son

"I'm tired," Flavia mumbles

"I'll put Princess Flavia to bed. I'm kind of tired too," Ethan suddenly jumps up

"Vous n'êtes pas rusé," Damien looks at his son

"Je vous aide, mon vieux," Ethan stands up and takes Flavia off my lap. "Goodnight Adriana, it was nice having you over."

I smile at Ethan, "Thank you for the invite. Goodnight, Princess Flavia."

"Goodnight, Princess Adriana. Next time you come can you bring those cookies?" Flavia asks from Ethan's arms

"Of course. They'll be fresh just for you," I wink at her. She plays a tired smile on her face before Ethan walks out.

"Votre fils est intelligent"

Damien turns and looks at me with pure shock,

"parlez français?" He asks with wide eyes

"I'm an ex military. Of course I speak french," I chuckle softly

"Oh right... Did you enjoy tonight?" he asks, fully turning towards me on the couch.

"As much as I could. I don't understand the game but it was funny watching you get mad," I tell honestly

"You'll understand it at some point. If you think you've seen me mad, you should see me at Ethan's games," he shakes his head, "I get thrown out all lot."

"You hot head," I shake my head and we both chuckle.

We fall into a silence and I watch the Damien look down in thought. The game has come back on but he doesn't turn his focus towards it.