Realization

"I thought we could enjoy this moment just the two of us" explained Jungwon. "Is that okay?"

Wait what?

Does this mean.....

Is this a date?

Jay nodded, and the waiter took them to a table. Jay managed to keep a calm appearance outside, but inside he was choking.

He was on a date. With Jungwon.

"Are you okay?" asked Jungwon, bringing the young man in front of him back to reality.
"I am, I was thinking, sorry" replied Jay.
"It's okay. You do look cute when you're concentrating on something" said Jungwon. 

Excuse me, I am WHAT NOW?

The waiter brought them the menus and soon enough the two young men had decided on all the sushi they wanted.

"How was coming back home?" asked Jungwon, as the waiter brought them their beverages.
"Oh well" started Jay.

He did want to tell the truth about how difficult it had been for him, yet he didn't want to sound like he just wanted Jungwon's attention.

However he clearly didn't want to lie either.

"Difficult" he finally said. "It was like walking into a dream. I obviously know the place, yet it doesn't feel real, and none of it feels like I do belong there."
"I'm sorry about that" replied Jungwon, concerned.
"To be honest, I already felt like I didn't belong there anymore before the accident" admitted Jay out loud for the first time.

Jungwon slightly frown and tilted his head.

"You know, I'm 21 years old, I don't want to be living with them anymore" he explained.
"Why didn't you move out?" asked Jungwon.
"Easy to say..." commented Jay.

He seemed a bit uncomfortable at that moment. Jungwon noticed and decided to speak with the most gentle tone he could.

"It's okay if you want to share" he said. "This is a safe place."

Jay looked up and realized it was true. Jungwon was there for him. He wanted to be there for Jay.

"I am a university student, and I was in my last year before the accident" he explained, painfully remembering he had lost a whole year of his life. "The plan was to graduate, find a job and move out. But now, I don't know what will happen. I tried remembering my classes and everything I've already studied, but... but..."

Jay was on the verge of breaking down.

He hadn't shared that with his parents yet, but he had forgotten everything about his studies. He felt absolutely terrible.
He felt scared that he would have to start all over again. Not only would that mean he would finish later than everyone else, but also that he wouldn't be able to be independent before a while.

As it happened every time he thought about that, Jay felt his throat hurting and tears wanting to roll down.
Yet he didn't let them. He didn't want to.

"I understand" said Jungwon.

This words passed right through Jay. Even if Jungwon meant them, how could that help Jay?

Jay was about to look up at Jungwon when the latter reached for Jay's hand. He took it in his and gently squeezed it.

"You don't have to do this alone" he whispered.

Jay had never experienced something like that before.
It was as if Jungwon and him had been made to meet each other. As if Jungwon was the only person able to understand Jay.
Out of the sudden everything was clear.

At that moment, Jay knew that he didn't have a crush on Jungwon.

No.

He loved him.

~

"Hey guys!" said a bubbly young man on the street.

Jay and Jungwon turned around at the same time, but only Jungwon recognized the person who had spoke to them.

"Sunoo!" said the nurse. "I wasn't expecting you here!"
"Of course not" replied the latter chuckling. "It's just that Sunghoon wanted to walk, I don't know why."
"Where is he?" asked Jungwon, confused as he didn't see said Sunghoon around.

"Over there, buying tea at the vending machine" replied Sunoo, pointing at him.

He looked back and realized something.

"I'm sorry I didn't even introduce myself properly" he added. "I'm Kim Sunoo!"

Jay frowned. This name somewhat rang a bell, but he didn't remember from where.

"I'm Park Jay" replied the latter.
"Oh but I know you, don't worry" he said chuckling.

What?

Unfortunately for Jay, he didn't have time to ask for more information. Sunghoon was back with a  freshly bought peach tea.

"Hey" he greeted the group. "I'm Sunghoon, but you can call me Hoon."

Jay presented himself once more and the four of them started walking again.
They had ultimately settled for the karaoke. That worked well for Jay, who still felt tired from his earlier walk.

As they arrived near the karaoke place, two other friends had joined them, Jake and Niki.

Jay didn't know what to expect before hand, but surprisingly, he felt at ease with them. He only had met them a few minutes ago, but already he started to get the group dynamics.

Sunoo and Sunghoon kept bickering, but somehow in a friendly way;
Jake was a ray of pure happiness. Usually people like that could annoy Jay, for being "too much", but Jake was amazing;
Niki was the funny and more juvenile one;
And of course, Jungwon was the group's fluff ball.

Jay didn't know why, but he felt like Jungwon kind of lead the group, if that made sense.

"Where's Hee, though?" asked Jake.
"I bet he's running late" said Jungwon, chuckling.
"But he's coming right?" asked Sunoo.
"He better!" replied Niki. "Jungwon wanted all of us to meet Jay."

Jungwon opened his eyes widely.
Jay on the other hand just smiled.

His brain had needed a bit more to process what Niki had said.

Does this mean he wanted to....introduce me to his friends?