Chapter 4 | First Time Drunk

James' p.o.v

If I had to pinpoint the exact day that Sarah fell apart, I think I might actually be able to do it. It started off as a good day, I woke up and silently wrote lyrics at the desk in our room.

While Sarah was in the shower, there was a knock at the door. When I opened it, my two favorite dorks were standing there.

Lars and Kirk both threw their arms around me.

"Good morning!" I said as they squished me in their embrace.

"Morning, James!" Kirk replied. I lead them into the room, where I sat on the desk, Lars sat in the chair, and Kirk just sat on the bed.

"So, how'd it go with your chick last night?" Lars asked me, raising one eyebrow, a naughty smile on his face.

I felt my cheeks get hot. "We had a good time." I said.

"Good.".

"She actually fell asleep before we even got back to the hotel.".

Lars laughed. "Holy shit, what did you do to her, Het!?".

I laughed awkwardly, looking down at the floor. "I'm not tellin' you!" I said to Lars.

Our laughter faded away. "Hey James?" Kirk asked me.

"Yeah?".

He looked at the bathroom door, then back at me, his brown eyes staring right into mine. "Do you love Sarah?" he asked.

I sighed deeply and rested my chin on my knuckles. "Well, I'm... not sure." I replied. "I... I think so. But... I... I'm not gonna say it for a long time.".

"It's been three years!" Lars said. "And you're still not sure?".

"Well, I..." I sighed. I shook my head, my mind racing. "I think I love her. But I don't even really know what love is. At least... not that kind of love. Like, I love you guys, but that's different.".

Kirk nodded. "Yeah. Well, I think you'll know it when you feel it. Has she said it to you yet?" he asked.

I shook my head. "I want her to, though.".

At that moment, the bathroom door creaked open. Sarah emerged, completely naked. I was going to tell her to get back into the bathroom, but she looked up, saw Lars and Kirk, let out a scream, and turned right back around.

"Aww, shit." I said as the door slammed.

For a few awkward moments, we all said nothing. Then the door opened again, slowly.

"Sarah?" I called.

"Yeah?" she answered, stepping out, this time wearing her silk robe. Her cheeks were red.

"Hey, don't be embarrassed." Kirk told her. "Look, you're basically like a sister to me.".

Sarah laughed. "That doesn't help." she said, rolling her eyes and going over to her suitcase.

"You know what, Sarah, you're probably the only member of Metallica that Kirk hasn't seen naked. Until today." Lars said.

Sarah looked at him, mortified. "That's gross." she said, going back to digging through her suitcase.

"But it's true.".

A few moments later, Sarah emerged from the bathroom, dressed in black denim shorts that really made her ass look good, and a black Motörhead t-shirt with a red logo.

"Holy fuck." I said under my breath, thinking how beautiful she looked.

"Alright, what are we gonna do today?" She asked, striding up to us. The way her hips swayed, and that gorgeous smile; it was impossible not to be turned on by the sexiness she exuded. Trying not to just fuck her right there wasn't the only thing that was super hard.