I heard someone clap and turned around to see Georgia standing there, a small smile on her face. Just seeing her made those rush of negative emotions come back to me and my lips returned to being pressed into a straight line.

She was also in this class with me like all my other classes and now. I regretted having someone in all my classes. It was more of a curse than a blessing.

I let out a small sigh as my teacher continued to try and convince me to sing for the play. I told him, yet again, that I would think about it because I knew it wasn't a good idea. People probably wouldn't even go for the play if they found out I was the lead singer and that's why I was so much better hidden behind the piano.

I let out a small silent prayer that school would end as soon as possible because the slight suffocation I felt whenever I was here now was returning and I didn't know how long more I could last in these four walls.

When I exited the steel gates, I took a relieved deep breath and hitched my backpack higher up my back, making my way to the boxing club. This time I had informed Alejandro ahead of time so he had time to inform the people I normally trained. I told Blake, who initially tried to warn me off it. I knew the risk of going there, the fact that I now lived in a gang's house spreading quickly amongst the other people, people who could be termed as enemies.

Though I also knew I was protected at the boxing club, surrounded by many fighters who I had formed bonds with over the years and who would surely protect me if harm falls upon me.

I swung the glass door open, heading to the changing rooms and quickly exchanging my school outfit for a sleeveless tank top and exercise tights. They were the same ones I wore when I sparred with chris and just the thought made a small smile tug the corner of my lips.

I had managed to defeat him at that time and that fact alone made me more re assured in my capabilities as a fighter. If I could beat one, that means I was one right? I think that was how the saying went, but honestly, I could be extremely far off.

Time flew by, like usual, as I was having fun and soon enough, I had to say goodbye to Alejandro before exiting. It was around 8:30 pm, the fact that I spent 5 hours here may seem strange but was normal to me.

I always felt amazing after fighting, like this renewed rush of adrenaline keeping me going until I returned once again.

As I exited, I noticed that stars glimmered in the night sky, like splatters of paint across a dark, black canvas. It was dark now and  silent as I turned into one of the dark alleyways, a shortcut to make my way back. Though it failed to scare me as it would to others because it was dark and darkness was what I loved, no matter how weird that sounded.

Suddenly, I heard the scuffle of footsteps behind me and I turned around warily to see a shadow dashing against the wall. Despite not having any fear, I was still on the edge
at places like such and I had a sense that something was amiss.

Speeding up my steps, I spied the light shining from the open road where lamps lit the area, unlike the darkness that was bestowed upon this place. Just a minute till I reached the house...

Though as I was a mere five footsteps away from exiting, a figure blocked me. I took a step back to bump into yet another warm body, heart beginning to palpitate slightly.

I turned around in a circle to see people stepping up from where the shadows had previously masked their existence, leering grins on each and every one of their masked faces. My hands turned slightly clammy as I realised I was severely over numbered, ten to one.

It didn't help that some of them held wooden rods while others knives and I was defenceless. I knew I should have brought a gun or something to school, I chided myself though now it wasn't the time to cry over spilt milk. I knew I was good at fighting but I wasn't a ninja who could take down ten men who towered over me.

I gulped nervously before realising my mistake, letting an emotionless mask fall over my features. The less they know about my apprehension, the better. I took a confident stance, head tilted up slightly as if I was hiding a secret they didn't know.

And I was, my phone gripped in my hand and my fingers flying over the keyboard as I punched in numbers inconspicuously. But before I could hit dial, my right hand was hit with a baton and my phone went flying out of my grasp and to the leader's feet.

I watched silently as he crushed it beneath his feet with a smirk, the inkle of hope dying out as my best plan got shattered into smithereens. I forced myself to look the leader in the eye, the last thing I could do was to fake confidence. But the familiar, haunting green eyes caught me off balance. "We meet again, shadow," He mocks and I scowl in his direction. He signalled to his men to grasp my hands and I didn't bother fighting them off. If they were with him, they were definitely powerful and I would just waste my energy.

He stepped forward, tracing a cold finger down my cheek before roughly forcing my chin so I met his eye. "I missed you so much darling, didn't you miss me?" He sneered, his eyes hooded as he raked my body up and down.

I fought a shiver as I felt his dirty gaze on me and flinched slightly as his fingers dug into my skin at my lack of response. "Answer me, you bitch," He spat, anger lacing his tone and fury visible in his eyes.

I yet again didn't give him the satisfaction, pressing my lips tightly into a thin line as the man from my nightmares returned again to haunt me. And this guy wasn't one of the enemies we were apprehensive about, no he was so much worse than them. Because he was my enemy and no matter how much I ran or tried to hide, he would always come after me.

"I thought about having some fun with you, but sadly, I'm extremely turned off by your lack of response. How about we get our pleasure some other ways boys, make her scream shall we?" He leered, letting out a dark, rumbling chuckle that made my gut twist in anxiety.

I felt my hands being bound by a thick rope that, without a weapon, I surely couldn't cut. I tensed my body, reading myself for the hit that came soon after. A thin whip came down on my back, adding to the scars he previously inflicted the last time he had control of me.

I bit the inside of my gum to hid any sort of pain that would give him pleasure, feeling the blood trickling down my back. 2nd whip and I fell down onto my knees, back writhing in pain as I fought the edges of darkness trying to succumb me. He had specialised whips, thin rods that sliced into your skin and tormented you as much as possible.

3rd whip and silent tears rolled down my cheeks as I gulped in air, fighting hard to stay conscious. Fainting meant I would not know what he did to me while I was unconscious and that was something I didn't want to happen.

4th whip and I felt my energy drain out from within, letting out a guttural scream of pain, one that echoed off the walls though I knew no one would come to save me. No one ever did.

5th whip and I didn't know how much longer I could hold on. He could see that, see me flickering between life and death for he let out a rumbling laugh that had me gritting my teeth.
6th whip, 7th whip, 8th whip after that I lost count as they mercilessly struck my back, the place I was most vulnerable at from the previous scars that re-opened. A pool of blood stained my shirt, drenched it, the sticky liquid plastering the material to my back.

The minute I finally gave up and my eyes flickered shut did the pain cease. "Until we meet next time," He whispered and I heard their retreating footsteps before darkness swallowed me, enveloping me into its peaceful embrace.

TBC

Heyyy guys....

So that happened but I promise the story will take a happy turn,

Orrrrr maybe not.
But that was expected because it is a story about gangs and stuff and violent things needed to happen. Hazel has more or less settled into her new home so like this is the perfect time to rain hell on em right?

How did 'he' find her?

What does he mean by we meet again?

And haven't you heard the term shadow before (hint hint)?

Also who do u think ' he ' is ???
Do vote and comment please ✨✨