Hogsmeade (Again)

Start from the beginning

"No, this happened to me because of my actions," he whispered. "I-I deserve this."

"Oh, Regulus," I muttered, hugging him. "You don't deserve any of this even if you think you do. I'm here for you."

"Thank you," he mumbled, hugging me back.

~~~

Regulus's pov

I lay in bed that night.

--------------------‐----‐------‐-----------------------------
October 7, 1972

"Sirius! Wait!" I called, chasing after Sirius and the Marauders.

It was my first trip to Hogsmeade, where Sirius promised to spend the day with me. It was the first time when Sirius broke his promise and the first time that I realized he wanted nothing to do with me.

"Reg, I told you, you can't hang out with us!" Sirius shouted, speed walking with the Marauders to avoid me.

"Why not? You told me you would stay with me!" I yelled, feeling a strong sense of abandonment.

"Listen," Sirius said as he stopped walking and faced me. "You can't just follow me around for the rest of your life! Go and make your own friends."

"Lay off a bit, Sirius," James whispered, placing his hand on Sirius's shoulder.

"But..." I mumbled."it's my first trip to Hogsmeade... I have no one."

"Well then find someone, Regulus," Sirius responded sternly. "It's embarrassing to have my little brother following me around all day. Besides, James and I want to do some pranks, and we do not need you going around and snitching on us."

"Sirius, I won't say anything! I promise," I said desperately.

"Just go," Sirius muttered.

I stood there. Just for another minute. I didn't believe what he was saying. And I didn't want to believe that he meant every word.

After a few minutes passed, and I finally had the realization that Sirius genuinely wanted me to leave him alone, I finally responded.

"Okay."

Then, I walked away.

----------------------------------------------------------

Ever since then, I never bothered to go back to Hogsmeade. I had no one. No one but a memory that has been haunting me forever.

I let the tears fall down my face. As the tears streamed down, I shut my eyes and fell asleep.

~~~

James's pov

"Hogsmeade! Hogsmeade! Hogsmeade!" The Marauders and I cheered as we stomped down the stairs.

"Calm down, mates," Frank Longbottom said as we reached the common room. "We won't be leaving till noon."

"Hogsmeade days are the best," Peter beamed.

"I'm well aware," Frank nodded, crossing his arms.

"Well then, you understand our excitement, don't you mate?" Sirius chuckled as he patted Frank's back.

"My, my!" I exclaimed, raising my eyebrows.

"James, what is it now?" Remus asked.

"Lily has her hair up!" I smiled. "She hasn't put her hair up since 3rd year!"