"I have forbidden you so many times to not come to the main gate." First thing he said after he drove into the garage.

"I didn't cross the threshold. Just opened the gate for you."

"I hate arguments and explanations."

"I hate you."

"And then you expect me to love."

His answer was a slap to her, a verbal slap. Could there be a thing like that too? She didn't answer him and went straight to kitchen.

Her blood pressure was falling. She hadn't engulfed anything in quite a time and she felt her inside hollow.

Plating out the dinner, she sat waiting for her husband. But Mohsin didn't come. Pushing the chair aside she went upstairs only to find him lying down in bed, his eyes closed, and a book on his chest.

"What the actual-" She stopped herself for she knew she was about to curse.

Mohsin squinted his eyes open, "hell", he completed the sentence. "What's wrong?"

"I waited at the dinner for you. Why didn't you come?"

"I had it outside." He nonchalantly answered.

"Fine. I will just sleep hungry then."

"Why would you sleep hungry?"

"Why do you care?"

He sat up, placing the book aside. "You behave like a child sometimes. Just go and have your food."

Instead she laid down and covered herself with the duvet.

Layla laid peacefully but after a while he snatched the duvet from her in a millisecond. "You don't care that your husband has come tired from work. Do you?" Mohsin grabbed her arm and took her downstairs.

"I said I don't want to eat anything."

"You said you were hungry."

"I am not anymore."

"You say lame things but this one was the lamest."

"Stop it, Mohsin. Stop behaving like everything is normal between you and me." She turned her face to the other side as he made her sit down on the dining table.

"Everything is normal." Mohsin sat down on the next chair. "That's true I never liked you as my class fellow back in university but now I am trying to change my perspective."

"Why didn't you like me? Was that because I wasn't a modest woman like Amarha but see I wear veil now and drape a lengthy shawl around me whenever I go outside. I am adapting to you."

"Don't be stupid. It was never the reason for my dislikeness. It was just that you always used to steal my grades away."

"That was because I used to work harder."

"But even after having six distinctions in profs, you still ended up with the one who had only one distinction in five years."

"I am happy about ending up with you. I wished that since the day one." She blabbered and soon realised what idiotness she had done.