Chapter 2

The creature was the ugliest, yet most beautiful thing I've ever seen. It looked like a girl, with long flowing white hair. It had a dress on, one that had lavender, purple, maroon, all of the shades of purple, with hints of grey and white as well. The face looked kind enough, but more or less was filled with curiosity. But the ugly thing about it, the one thing that ruined its beautiful completion, was it's wings. 

The wings were pure black, and they looked like vulture wings. At one point they might have been pretty to look at, probably a glossy black that was soft to the touch if I was to guess. But now they were all mangled, and I was surprised that they could even fly with them. They were crumpled, and they looked like they had been through a blenching machine.

The other creature was more battered, but still just a beautiful. That one looked like a boy, with an equally as purple suit on. "A∷ᒷ ||𝙹⚍ ⎓ᒷᒷꖎ╎リ⊣ ʖᒷℸ ̣ ℸ ̣ ᒷ∷?," the creature says. I shake my head. "I. Can't. Under. Stand. You! Do you understand me," I ask, annoyed. It looks at the other creature, and says something. The creature nods, and the girl-one turns to look at me. A bright light suddenly appears in front of me, and it keeps getting brighter and brighter until I think my head is about to explode. Then, it just stops. No more light.

"There we go. Can you understand me now," it asks. I just blink at it, with my mouth open. It makes the weird sound in it's throat again, but this time I know it's laughing. It has to be. It keeps laughing for a while, and then stops and smiles at me. I find myself starting to smile back, but I stop myself and put a frown on my face.

"Okay, fine. I can understand you. But where and am? And WHY am I here," I ask, scowling at them. The female looks at the male, and the male nods. She looks back at me. "You are at the Watcher HQ~! We're gonna train you to become one of us!" I feel my eyes get wide, and I shake my head. "But I can't! I mean, yes, I don't remember anything from before, but I feel like I'd be missing something if I joined you. So I'ma say no thanks, I'll pass."

She's still smiling at me, which I find creepy, since I just told her no. I sit there for minute after minute, and her smile never breaks. The more I look at her, I find, the woozier I get. After a few minutes I'm fighting to stay awake. Then the unthinkable happens.