Chapter Twelve

Kenny and Dalton met. Isn't that so great? My boyfriend, the boy of my dreams, meeting Kenny. The boy I can't help to love. So many things could go wrong. So many things would go wrong. Those were the things that played over and over again in my head as I walked through the mall with Dalton when we bumped into Kenny.

I was panicking in my head. What if Kenny told Dalton? What if Dalton got jealous? What if they fought? What if I lost one of them? Which one would be harder to loose? So many things to think about.

But I snapped back to reality.  I had to keep my calm.

"Hey Charlie. "

"Hey Kenny. What brings you to the mall? In Texas?"

"Oh I've been in town for a few days visiting some friends. I'm heading back home in afew hours just wanted to get some things. "

"Yeah. Dalton this is my friend Kenny. We met a few months ago. Kenny this is Dalton. My boyfriend."

"It's nice to meet you Kenny" Dalton said shaking his hand. And I was happy to know that Dalton didn't crush his hand.

"I've heard great things about you. It's nice to meet you." Kenny said letting go of Dalton's hand.

But he lied. He hasn't heard great things about Dalton. He's heard nothing about Dalton. All I've ever said was that I was happy with him and things were going fine.

After that Kenny said that he had to go and that he'd hoped to see us soon. The sad part was that he would see us really soon. At least me. I was moving to LA in a few weeks. I haven't told Dalton yet. But something told me that I would have to tell him really soon.

~~~

Dalton's Point of View

All the times I've been gone from Texas, I've been keeping something. I've been cheating on her...with Madison.  I know it's wrong. Charlie loves me. I love Charlie. But I keep going back to Madison. I don't know why. I think it's because I see Charlie with all her guy friends and she gets along with them so well. And then there's me, I'm just a guy in a band. But if i want to be with her, I have to be the guy she deserves.

It was a few days after I met Kenny and I wanted to bring Charlie somewhere to show her I do care. So I texted her I'd be at her house in a few minutes. When i got there she was wearing a dress I bought her two years ago. It made me smile at first to think that she keeps the stuff I give her but then I realized she was also hanging pictures up in her closet of her and Kenny hanging out and pictures of her from LA hanging out with all of Kenny's friends.  I was mad but I tried to keep calm.

"Hey Dalton. " She said to me smiling faintly and going to her bed to put on her shoes.

"You're wearing that?" I asked her. It came out wrong but i thought she would ignore it

"And what's the problem with wearing this?"

"It makes you look like a slut. " I said. I was honestly in a bad mood.

"Okay I'm done with this." She said getting up and going back to hanging up pictures of her and Kenny

"Done with what?"

"You! Tell me what's wrong Dalton. You've been gone so much. And you're being so rude."

"Nothing...nothing is wrong. I'll be in the car." I said walking out of her room about to go to the car

"I know you're cheating on me with Madison." She yelled.

I stopped where I was and turned to face her. She already had tears in her eyes.