Chapter Five

My friends Allison and Lindsey were over right away once I told them what happened with Dalton.

"Why can't he just dump that slutty bitch he calls a girlfriend and go for you!" Allison asked

"Maybe for one thing he doesn't like me that way, secondly I have a boyfriend "

"Why are you still with Luke anyways" Lindsey questioned

"I love him"

"We know that. But do you think you'd ever love him like you love Dalton?" Lindsey replied

"No, but I do love him."

"You do see how he looks at you? He's in love with you. "

"Luke? I know that he loves me but he's not in love with me"

"Not Luke stupid. Dalton. "Allison said

"Dalton has Madison. Besides he wouldn't date me even if we were both single because he knew about what happened between me and Cole."

"What happened between you and Cole?" Lindsey asked

"Lindsey have you not been listening to me for the past three years?!"

"Well..."

"If I have to explain, Cole and I dated for about two years before IM5 got together and when we broke up things were not good between Cole and I. I was devastated, and he was heartbroken. Dalton and Cole may not be talking right now but they still care about each other. Cole and Dalton were best friends and I know that they still care about each other deep down inside. "

"What if they didn't? I can see it in his eyes Charlie. He loves you." Allison said

"Okay. Let's say he does love me. It doesn't change anything. "

"Yes it does! Charlie, you and Dalton grew up next door to each other. You hated each other until you were fifteen. He's my freaking cousin he talks about you all the time!" Allison yelled

"Maybe it's because we were best friends! Allison face it he made his decision. If he truly did care about me, he would've chose me. He chose Madison."

"Answer me this then. Do you still love him?" Lindsey asked me

"I-"

"Charlie do you or do you not love Dalton?"

"Of course I love Dalton! I've loved him since I was fifteen. But even if Dalton were to love me the way I loved him, he has Madison and I have Luke. Dalton is the love of my life. But he still chose Madison."

"She has a point"

My other friend Amber said as she walked into the room

"Look who finally showed up!" I yelled at her

"Charlie has a point. Even if Dalton loved he, he chose Madison. Even if Dalton loved Charlie the way she loved him, he chose Madison. Dalton is dating Madison and Dalton obviously loves her. If he didn't he wouldn't have chose her. Now Charlie if you want Dalton and you to be friends again, you go to his house and you tell him your sorry and he'll also apologize."

"Fine. I"ll go later let's have lunch."

~~~~~~~~~~~~

When I finished lunch with my friends I told them I'd see them at school on Monday and we all went our seperate ways. Alli had to go meet with a guy that was going to help her get into her dream college, Notre Dame. Lindsey had to pack. She was going to go look for books to read over spring break even though it was only March. And Amber was meeting up with bad boy of a boyfriend Ethan.