Chapter Fifteen

Dalton's Point of View

It had been almost a month since I lost her. I was a wreck. I hadn't been myself. It was like a part of me died. I was such a dick. I could barely leave my house without thinking of her. I try to walk my thoughts off but I always end up at her house. Sometimes I would stand outside her house and look at her window. Sometimes she's writing at her desk other times she's playing guitar but she doesn't sing. She used to sing all the time but she hasn't in awhile. And sometimes I see her with Kenny. They usually are just talking and laughing. He made her smile, which was something that I failed to do.

I was at band practice and we were trying to sing Madison's Favorite Toys, it was Charlie's favorite song to listen to. She hated Madison with a passion, but she always said that hearing me sing always made her feel better. So I sang to her all the time. Seeing her smile and seeing her happy was all I lived for. She was my life and I had driven her away from me. I was doing good for the most part thoughout the song and then I saw my phone light up and saw it was just some twitter notifications but then I got a text from Will and he was calling me.

I told Kitty, Knoche and Hunter that I had to take the call.

(Dalton to Will)

"Hey what's up?"

"Have you heard what happened?!"

"No. What?"

"It's all over twitter! Charlie talked about your breakup in an interview and she tweeted something! You have to see it!"

"Oh...I'll check it out."

"Hey Dalton, it's okay. You know that you guys broke up for the best. "

"Yeah. I guess so. I'll call you later man. Bye"

I hung up and went on the computer to check twitter. Everyone was talking about what Charlie said.

Then I saw her tweet with a link to a blog post.

"Guys if you didn't watch the interview this is what I said.
  It was supposed to mostly be about how popular my YouTube channel has gotten and how I started To play guitar and how I'm modeling for Brandy Melville. But then we decided to answer all your questions.
  So Dalton and I are not together anymore. No I am not dating anyone right now. Rumors say I'm with Cole others say I'm with Kenny. Kenny's just a friend. Cole and I are nothing. That was a long time ago and what you think you saw at his show didn't happen.
  To finish things off, please don't give Dalton any hate. Of course I am hurt, but I'd like to still believe that he's a good guy. Nobody deserves hate. And what I'm about to say may come as a shock so bare with me, I'm always going to have a part of me that loves him.
  It's utterly and completely stupid, I know. But no matter how many times someone hurts you, you're always going to have a part of you that sees the best in people and remember the times when things were good. I loved him for a long time and I keep that close to my heart.
  that's all I said in the interview about it. I'm going to continue to take a break from the whole social media thing and please support me during this time. I love you. Bye. xx"

It practically brought me to tears. I watched the interview and I studied her. She looked the same.

She had that smile on her face that I fell in love with all those years ago. Her hair fell perfectly onto her shoulders and she still wore the bracelet I gave her in Paris and she wore the necklace I bought her for her fourteenth birthday.

At one point of the interview her friend Jack Gilinsky came to surprise her. She had known him for so long and she hadn't seen him in so long. The smile she had on her face when he surprised her was the biggest smile I've seen of hers in awhile. I used to make her smile like that. She looked happy. Something I failed to do.