Chapter Four

Dalton's Point of View

Dalton. She never calls me Dalton. She either calls me Rapattoni or Eyeliner. The only time she ever calls me Dalton is when she is upset. The last time she called me Dalton was on her birthday. I brought Madison and she was ignoring me. I then saw her with Luke that day and I wanted to punch someone and cry at the same time. 

So we walked to the parking lot, making simple conversation. She was quiet. She hasn't been this quiet since Tyler died. She was so devastated and didn't talk for almost a year. Something was bothering her. 

We got in the car and drove for about five minutes in silence. We got to her house and went inside. We sat in the living room watching TV. It was silent until I spoke up.

"Is something wrong Charlie?" I said turning off the TV

"Nothing's wrong. " She said going on her phone

"You called me Dalton. " 

"So?"

"You only call me Dalton when you're upset.  What's wrong Charlie?"

"Why'd you lie to me?"

"What are you talking about?"

"There were no fans Dalton. If there was any fans, you would've chose a better hiding spot.  Half the girls that are fans of you shop at Abercrombie, they would've saw you in here and then there'd be a scene.  Why did you lie?"

"Because. I didn't want Madison to see me with you."

"Why?"

"Because"

"Are you ashamed to be my friend?"

"Of course not!"

"Then why"

"Because"

"Because what? I'm your best friend Dalton. You can tell me anything. SO what the fuck are you not telling me"

"It's complicated..."

"Don't talk to me about complicated Rapattoni!" She said getting up and throwing her phone on the couch

"Charlie.."

"Dalton my brother fucking died. My parents are divorced. I live with my uncle and his fiance. That's complicated! What is so fucking complicated that you can't tell me?!"

"Madison hates you! She doesn't want me hanging out with you. I lied to her saying I'm meeting up with my friends just so I could be here!"

The room went silent for a moment.

"You're going out with a girl who hates your best friend? How could you not tell me this?"

"Charlie she's my girlfriend"

"Dalton I'm your best friend. We've known each other since we were kids. We've been best friends since I was fifteen. Your girlfriend, hates me. It should be me that hates her! I've been so nice to her and polite when all she is to me is a bitch. How could you date someone so cruel?"

"We have a history."

"Oh 'we have a history'. I've been nothing but supportive of your relationship. And this is how I find out that Madison hates me. You need to choose now Dalton. It's either me, or her. "

"I choose her"

"What?"

"She's my girlfriend. I can't just leave her"

Yes i could. But I'm too in love with Charlie too leave my girlfriend. 

"You know what have it your way Dalton"

"You called me Dalton again. Why are you so mad!"

"BECAUSE I'M YOUR FUCKING BEST FRIEND AND I'M TRYING TO FUCKING BE THERE FOR YOU. And I can't do that for you if you are with Madison. "

"What are you saying?"

"We are no longer best friends " She said to me already crying.

As I saw her cry and hear her say those words I began to let the tears fall out of my eyes

"Please don't do this to me Charlie"

"Trust me this hurts me a lot more than it hurts you. I can't do this anymore. I'm tired of fighting with you over her. You chose her and I have to respect that"

"Charlie please I need you" I said hugging her crying

I pulled away and wiped some of her tears.

She pushed my hands away and opened the door

"Goodbye Rapattoni."

"Charlie..."

"You chose her Dalton. You made your choice. We are not friends and you need to leave before I start crying even more than I am now." She said letting the tears fall down her face. 

I tried to hug her but she didn't let me. 

So I walked out of her house miserable and heartbroken knowing I just lost the love of my life for what could be forever.

Note

Yay! Two updates!