Epilogue

It's years and years down the road. Actually its the present. I'm 40. Charlie is 39.

Charlie married Jack.  A 23 year old and a 24 year old getting married. They stood up there smiling. Their eyes only focused on each other. A part of me died that day. That should've been the end. But it wasn't.

I got married. I was married for two years to Riley. Believe it or not we did get back together. Jack and Charlie came and a small part of me wished Charlie was the one standing up there with me. But I did love Riley and our divorce was a mutual thing.

Charlie had two kids. A boy and a girl. She had her son, Cameron, at twenty-six. Then she had her daughter, Toni, at twenty nine.

Jack eventually got on my good side when Cameron was born after I saw him be such a good father. I did my best to be happy for them and to be the best god father/uncle I could be. 

Charlie was getting everything she had ever wanted. She got her dream house thanks to the profits from her first book Point of View    and the profits from Jack and Jack's most recent tour. 

Gilinsky and Madison Beer got married the year after Jack and Charlie. They had a small wedding in Charlie and Jack's backyard. Those two couples were so in love and were as close as can be.

Even though I was Cameron's godfather me and Charlie grew apart. After me and Riley divorced Charlie was getting mad at me for not telling her why we divorced and that's when I told her that although it was mostly a mutual thing since we had grown apart but it was also that I could never love anyone like I love Charlie.

Charlie got very upset with me and I couldn't blame her. She was married with someone she was madly in love with, had two children, and no longer felt that way about me. and that's when she told me that she need space. Jack didn't question it because she probably told him as soon as he came home.

We grew apart and I spent my nights alone in a bar getting drunk to numb my pain. Oh and did I mention that my band and I went our separate ways when Kitty and Knoche ended up together and I married Riley.

We all eventually grew apart and nobody seemed to care. That is until two years ago.

Jack and Jack had finished their last world tour. But with that came tragedy. Johnson came back and he took his usual doctor's appointment but they found something. He was diagnosed with Leukemia. I had heard from Madison that Cameron and Toni had been spending the nights at their house with their children Hazel and Isaac while Charlie spent her nights in the hospital with Jack. She would be curled up next to him practically falling off the bed but she would be in his arms sound asleep as he would kiss her forehead and fall asleep as well. I remember once Sophie had broken her leg jumping in the trampoline with her three year old son and her fiancé Adam. I was there the whole day with her making fun of her and spending time with my nephew Michael. But on my way out I walked past Jack's room.

I saw them. She was lying down with him and they were laughing quietly among themselves but they looked so in love, and for a 37 and 38 year old they were doing pretty well. I had only seen them like this two other times. The first one was all those years ago when Charlie woke up from her coma. They looked at each other like I look at Charlie and how I had only seen her look at someone like that one other time and that was me.

Jack fought his battle and he almost won it. He fought for two years and he knew that even though it'd hurt to leave behind the woman he loved, his children, his best friend, and his fans, he knew that everything would be okay.

I was there when it all happened. Gilinksy called me and he said that Johnson would want me there. So I went.

That room was filled with several crying people. Gilinksy's parents stood there crying looking at the boy they watched grow up with their son since Kindergarten. Gilinsky stood with Madison and their children crying having to say goodbye to their favorite uncle and best friend. Johnson's parents stood holding their grandchildren as they all said goodbye to their son and their beloved father. Then there was Charlie.

Charlie sat right next to Jack holding his hand the whole time. She was begging, crying, and praying. She cried and begged for the man she was in love with. She didn't want to have to loose him. She prayed to God that he would perform a miracle so the man she saw as an angel on Earth wouldn't have to go. She hugged him and kissed him too many times to count.

Before it all ended, Jack said kind words to everyone there. I won't say all because I don't want to cry. But I will say what Jack said to Charlie, his children, and Gilinsky.

"Jack Gilinksy. You are my best friend, my partner in crime, my other half, and my former band mate. We've had good times and bad times. But no matter what we were there for each other through thick and thin. Take care of that family of yours. And please take care of mine. "

"Cameron, Toni . You two are the biggest rascals in the world, but that's what I love about you. I'm not going anywhere far. You won't always see me but I'll always be with you. Take care of each other. Take care of mom and Samy (their dog) too. "

"Charlie Lucas Johnson. Not only are you my wife but you are my soulmate, the love of my life, my angel. I'm gonna miss waking up next to you curled up next to me in the morning and holding you in my arms at nights as we fall asleep. Don't cry. I love you. You are amazing my love. You are going to do just fine without me. I don't want you to give anything up.  I'll always be with you in sprit and your heart. I'm going to watch you from the heavens and say to the people up there 'that girl down there, I was lucky enough to love her let alone be her husband'. You are a great mother to our children. This is not our goodbye. It's our 'see you later'. I love you."

After that you know what happened so I'll spare the sad details.

Charlie took it hard, but everyone helped each other get through it.  Her children are old enough to remember him and they miss him but  they help their mom out as much as I they can.

Now that it's two years later and I've been sober, I want to be in Charlie's life. We had grown apart and I'm going to do whatever it takes.

So here I stand at her doorstep, getting nervous chills.

She opens the door and she has a look of shock which then fades into a faint smile.

"Can we start over?" I ask. She laughs a little and nods. She sticks out her hand and says,

"Hi. I'm Charlie Lucas. "

And thats how we became as people say it, endgame.

I'm Dalton Rapattoni.

And this is the story of Charlie Lucas.

Note:

That's a wrap! Thanks for reading everyone! If you have any questions about it feel free to comment or message me. I love you guys. Bye.