Chapter 9

"Tumse chura lein tumhein
Sabse chhupa lein tumhein
Jaan se laga lein tumhein
Sapna bana lein tumhein
Main betaab hoon, tu bechain hai
Yeh dil kya kare
Yeh dil kya kare"

Ambulance sound is filling the otherwise quiet town roads.

Continuous tears are shedding from her eyes. She couldn't believe it happened.

In front of her eyes, his jerks started and suddenly he started choking. Naina is in shock herself doesn't know how to respond.

But suddenly as his situation deteriorates, she called 911 and ambulance came almost immediately.

They are transferred to the concerned department and the taken over by Dr Saraswat.

Situation is now under control but Naina is not allowed to go see him.

She is sitting outside with a tear stricken face. Now no more tears are flowing. She is just shaking and waiting for the doctor to come out.

"I told you Mrs. Shekhavat that it would be a tough ride. Such fallbacks are expected and common in such cases. Don't loose hope but I won't say that it's a good sign", Dr. Saraswat told her.

Naina rubbed her eyes to absorb this.

"The way he was progressing was good. It would be a setback. I thought his body is responding well to the treatment. But the trauma is still there", Dr Saraswat said.

"What do you mean doctor?", Naina asked nervously.

"What I mean is that there are emotional damage as well as physical damage. Whatever is visible we can treat but for mental wounds, we don't know. Only time would tell how things would proceed", he concluded.

"Do you want to say that there is no hope?", Naina asked.

He smiled benignly at her and patted her head, "it's a complicated situation. There is no straight answer. It's not like there is no hope but the journey is long and tough. You might need to survive several setbacks before we will see a ray of light", he tried to explain her.

Naina looked at him, thinking what her life became. It's continuous game of suffering. The decisions they took made them like this or it's destiny?

"He is awake now. You can go see him. We will put him under heavy tranquillisers after dinner", he said moving away.

Naina felt like her legs are shaking. She took small steps towards the room.

He is lying there, surrounded by machines which are monitoring his body parameters.

He looked up at her. She took a seat besides him and hold his hand.

"Thik hu mai", he said squeezing her hand lightly.

She nodded once and they held the look, let the eyes talk to each other. As no words are enough to tell what they are feeling now.

Life was never easy for any of them. Naveen, Naina and Rajveer,  all the tied through a thread of not only love and attachment but pain too.

Now Naveen appears to be free from the pain as he seems to be suffered enough but their suffering is still pending it felt.

She made him eat his dinner and then he drifted to heavy sleep due to tranquillisers holding her hand to his chest.

——————————————————————————

2 months later

"Bhoola fasana koi guzra zamana koi
Sathi purana koi banke bahana koi
Agar dil mein yoon samaa jaaye to
Yeh dil kya kare
Yeh dil kya kare"