Chapter 4

Naina is looking at at port with lost eyes. Gunny is supposed to join them today.

He has been successfully rescued and they have also moved Tashu from her hostel as well. Now that Gunny will be official MIA, then Tashu's life could be in danger.

In a small boat, Gunny and Tashu can be seen moving towards the shore.

Naina pursed her lips over anticipation.

Naveen and Rajveer are standing at some distance watching over. As soon as the boat reached the jetty, Naina ran towards them.

Tashu jumped on her and she picked her up. Gunny smiled at their reunion. He is looking hassled.

He came down as well and gave a brief hug to Naina which she reciprocated. He can sense something wrong with her expressions but decided to ask her later.

Naveen and Rajveer came to greet them and rushed them away from jetty. It's risky to be seen there.

Tashu is excited seeing Naina and Rajveer.

"Rajveer Uncle....dekho hum fir se mil gaye. Naina tum to kah rahi thi ki tum Papa ke sath ayogi mujhe lene...fir Papa akele kyu aye?", Tashu asked hopping in her lap.

Gunny is watching changing colours on Naina's face. Her eyes frequently drifting towards Rajveer. He smiled a little, shaking his head.

They reached the safe house where Gunny is briefed by Alekh and Naveen. Naina is sitting there playing with Tashu but half her attention is somewhere else only.

Tashu slept in her lap, exhausted by the journey. She took her and make her sleep at a vacant room. Sitting by her side she is just staring at her.

Her emotions have become so complex that it's difficult for her to decipher. Gunraj is expecting something from her and he is not wrong but now when she see Rajveer, everything she use to feel for him comes back.

She feels that her heart and mind are going on different directions. She pulled her hairs in frustration and went to the terrace for fresh air. Somehow she feels calmer there.

Once upstairs, she saw Rajveer smoking again.

She didn't even realised when she reached him and jerked the cigarette away.

"Dimag kharab ho gya hai aapka? Marna hai to samandar samne hai ....doob kar mar jayiye....yun til til to nai marna padega na", she screamed at him.

He looked at her for few seconds and lit another cigarette.

She took it again and threw it away.

They did the same thing again and this time Rajveer had enough.

He pulled her by her shoulders, "Kyu fikar kar rahi ho meri? Chod kar bhag gai thi na mujhe tu?".

Naina stunned at his outburst, gulped but stayed put.

"Bol na....Kyu farak pad rha hai tujhe mere marne ki khabar se? Aj sab saf saf bata hi de mujhe....mai thak gya hu sach me til til marke.....keh de mujhe ki kuch nahin hu mai tera.....taki dil me ye jo thodi si umeed hai na mere vo bhi mar jaye aur mai sach me himmat kar saku apni zindagi ek bar me khatam karne ki.....bas kar ab Nainu plz...bol na....kyu hai meri fikar...bol", he asked her shaking her rigorously.

Naina is crying looking at him, while he is crying too. She leapt into his arms, embracing him. He clutched her tightly in his arms.

"Mat marna plz .....mujhe nahin pata aapke sawalon ke jawab", she said digging into his chest.

Then she pulled back by him a little to look in her eyes.

"Bas itna janti hu ki agar aapko kuch bhi hua to meri saasen bhi tham jayengi", she said earnestly.

His heartbeat skipped hearing this. He pulled her again for a heart warming hug. She pulled him too, trying to console herself that he is still there.

Unknown to both of them Gunny witnessed this whole scene. He slowly went down wiping his own tears.

The rest of the day went quiet uneventfully.

In the morning Gunny was talking to someone on phone about travelling to UK along with Tashu which was heard by Naina.

She pulled his hand to gain attention. He showed him his palm to wait and finished the call.

"Aap UK ja rahe hai? Kyu? Aur aap Tashu ko bhi le jayenge?", Naina asked.

"Are saans to le lo Naina", he said with a smile.

"Pahle aap batayiye ki aap UK kyu ja rahe hai?", Naina asked stubbornly.

"Tumse door ja rha hu Naina....", he said quietly.

Her mouth is hanging open over hearing this.

"Bahut pyar karta hu tumse Naina.....ek bar apne pyar ko Kho chuka hu. Dubara vo dard sahne ki mujhme taqat nahin hai. Islie maine UK me is mission ki enquiry lead karne ka faisla kia hai. Mere parents vahin hai. Tashu ke lie mujhe support bhi mil jayega", Gunny replied with a lost look.

"Gunny aap.....", Naina said with a loss of words.

"Mujhe pata hai ki tum aise dorahe par ho jahan se har raah bas Rajveer tak hi jayegi. Tumne agar mujhe chuna bhi to bhi tumara dil sirf use hi dhundhega.....", he said with a defeated tone.

"Gunny ...aap ....mai sach kah rahi hu maine aapko dhokha nahin...", she was trying to explain him restlessly.

"Janta hu mai Naina....dil ke kisi kone me mai khas hu tumhare lie. Tashu bhi.....par Rajveer ki jagah mai shayad kabhi le hi nahin paya....", Gunny said with a broken voice.

"Nai Gunny...aap hume aise kyu chod ke ja rahe hai? Aap jante hai na Rajveer ko...", Naina said with hiccups.

"Janta hun Naina....tumhare lie humesha hun mai. I will stay in touch with you......I know I am being selfish to leave you like this....par ye dil kya kare? Isme ab aur dard sahne ki taqat nahin hai", Gunny said holding her hands. Tears flowing through his eyes mirroring her.

They stood like that for some time, crying.

Then Gunny wiped her tears, "Naina be strong. Mujhe sab kuch bataya Naveen ne. I can't be selfish enough to snatch you away from a dying man. Specially when you are not even mine to snatch".

Naina is now sobbing and he pulled her in a tight embrace, rubbing her back to comfort her.

She is still crying hard, wetting his shirt.

"I....hum chahte hai aapko Gunny....Maine dhokha nahin dia aapko Gunny", Naina is just repeating it.

"Tum de hi nai sakti ho dhokha kisi ko Naina....kash tumhe dhokha dena ata", he said pressing her to himself.

After sometime when she is calmed down a bit, he moved her away to look in her eyes.

"Naina bas....tum mere lie khud ko aur Rajveer ko itni takleef mat do.....mai bas tumhe khush dekhna chahta hu....tum apne bare me socho...apni khushiyon ke bare me...tumhe tumhare sawalon ke jawab khud bakhud mil jayenge", Gunny said looking deeply in her eyes.

Naina is looking at him confusingly when he kissed her forehead lightly and left.

She is feeling so lost....Gunny and Tashu are important to her...specially now in this new life of her....but then Rajveer?

She ran outside in a run and went towards the shore.

Looking at the dark sea, she screamed loudly so many times. To let go, of her pain.....but pain seems to be her best friend....clinging to her...in back of her mind.

/*

So I have given a long update to compensate for my absence.

Due to some family obligation I won't be able to post anything for next two months.
But after that I will be back and will be completing all my ongoing stories. Hope for your support!

I will still visit as a reader.

Happy new year to all of you!!

Rainaforever7 , thanks dear for all your help!!

*/