Chapter 7

"Pagal ho gai hai tu...kya kar rahi hai", he is rolling on the bed as she is tickling his feet.

"Are aap itna kyu kud fand rahe hai?", she teased him keeping a distance but still managed to tickle him.

"Naina ki bacchi....tu dekh abhi", he got up to run behind her.

They ran across the house jumping through couches and tables, finally getting tired and standing at distance.

"Tu dekh abhi, kya karta hu mai", he tried to threaten her.

"Ha ha ....dekh to rahi hu...budhe ho gaye ho aap...pakad bhi nai paye mujhe", she said showing him her tongue.

"Acha...", he said arching his eyebrows.

She raised her eyebrows as well challenging him.

He jumped and caught her wrist before she can escape.

He locked her arms behind her and looked at her, "pakad lia na...itna bhi bhudha nahin hua hu ab tak".

"Acha...", she asked mischievously.

"Hmm", he said with a smile.

"Smile to vaise aj bhi killer hai...", she said with a wink.

His mouth hang open and eyes became round on this. She giggled and kissed her lightly on his lips.

He blushed slightly on this gesture of hers and hugged her lightly.

They stayed like that for few moments when Naina felt wetness on her skin. She pulled back to see him crying.

"Kya ho gya aapko?", she asked.

He shakes his head and moved to avoid facing her.

She made him look at him, "Mai janti hu aap kya soch rahe hai. Bas aap thik ho jayiye. Mai chun chun kar badle lungi aap....aap jo mujhse chutkara pana chahte hai na ...nai milne vali aapko....".

He chuckled in tears.

"Pata nai kis neki ke badle mili ho tum mujhe", he asked looking in her eyes.

She crossed her fingers with his, "aur aap us neki ko chod kar jana chahte hai".

He looked down.

"Rajveer, aap jante hai meri zindagi ka sabse dark phase kaun sa tha?", she asked him.

He looked at her guiltily. He knows all the dark moments of her life are due to him.

"Jab aap mujhe pahli bar chod ke chale gaye the....kitne mahino tak roz subah hone par mujhe lagta tha ki ye sab ek bura khwab hai...aap mujhe chod kar kaise ja sakte hai", she said looking outside the window.

He clenched his fists in frustration.

"Jab finally ahsaas hua ki aap kitne door ho gaye hai mujhe....I can't tell the amount of pain I felt", Naina told him.

He felt his heart getting stabbed. Fresh tears made it's way from his eyes.

"Sirf tum nahin tadap rahi thi Naina....un teen saalon me har pal saas lene me mujhe bhi takleef hoti thi Naina....par Naveen...Naina..Naveen is the first one who is family to me....I can't believe..."

She put her hand on his mouth, "chup. Bahut takleef jhel chuke hai hum dono....mujhe khushiyan chahiye Rajveer. Na ab mai vo purani Naina hu na tum vo purane Rajveer. Ek nayi shuruaat karte hai?".

He is overwhelmed with the trust she is bestowing on him.

He closed his eyes to control the new tears forming when he felt her arms surrounding him. He let her take him in her embrace, feeling her warmth seeping inside him. The feeling is a healing one.

——————————————————————————

One month before

"I don't want to give you false hope Mrs Shekhawat", Dr. Saraswat said.

Dr. Saraswat is a leading traumatic specialist is US and Dr. Shalini has given reference of him due to this specific reason.

"He is extremely guilty and his will to live is low. See I need to emphasise here that your mental health will play a strong role in recovery. He is currently just has given up life. In this stage whatever we will do it won't work much. After all his determination to live will play a huge role in his recovery"

Naina nodded once. She is scared with the way this conversation is going.

"I have seen some miraculous recoveries in such cases in past. But their are similar cases where the situation just keep on deteriorating. With his mental condition, I would say it would be roller coaster ride. Be ready for a struggle", he concluded.

Naina wiped the tears who escaped without permission and nodded in response.

Dr. Sarasvat felt sympathy for the young girl. He can see how life has been so hard for her.

"Khush rakhiye unhe Mrs. Shekhawat. Jeene ki khwahish, jeejivisha aage bhadhne ke lie sabse jyada jaruri hai", he advised her with a sympathetic smile.

She gave a small teary smile and nodded before leaving.
—————————————————————————

"Kahan chali gai thi?", he asked.

"Chicken aur dahi lane. Papad bhi dhundh rahi thi lekin nahin mile", she said putting down the grocery bags.

"Papad? Kyu?", he asked curiously.

"Biryani banane ka soch rahi hu dinner me. Bas abhi chicken marination ke lie rakh rahi hu", she said taking out the chicken.

" Naina...tumne Biryani banani kab sikhi", he asked in surprise.

She came in front of him with a cute smile, "kahan tha na ki mai vo purani Naina nahin hu. Mujhe to aisa bahut kuch aata hai jo abhi aapko nahin pata".

He is taken a back by her. She used to be a spoiled brat who does know how to boil a egg or make maggie but proper meals, specially fancy ones are never her alley.

"Chalo ab mere sath...I need help. Bahut sara kam hota hai biryani me", she said pinching his cheeks slightly.

He got up instantly. Being with her is such a blessing. Doing simple household chores which both of them used to run away from are now having a different charm.

They are making their meals, washing utensils, cleaning the house, going for long walks and basically living a life which was never known to them previously.

They have little to no connect with their friends. It's important to ensure their anonymity as they still are on hit list.

But things are changing. Lala is under severe political pressure due to several accusations put forward by opposition.

They are bidding their time. Their time to get everything out in the open.

Till then they have to remain hidden. Naina knows it's the best time for Rajveer to heal. He have to be prepared for what's coming ahead. Several emotional turmoils but if he is not ready, he will not face it. She have decided long back that she will be the shield against any odds.

Rajveer and Naina.....star crossed lovers!! Never destined to be together but still they are...

Always fighting from everyone to be together...they are tired.

May be it's easier to be away from them...they deserve some peace and quiet. Some warmth and love...at-least with each other.

/* the story will be over in next two updates.

I have kept all my stories on hold. Due to my health and some other issues, I am not able to manage all at once.

So I am going to take it up one by one.

Raabta will go on as per usual. I will try to update Raabta once a week.
*/