"No, I mean, what's supposed to happen?" I laugh nervously. Except there's a chance my boss almost kissed me. Or that I'm losing my mind completely. "I was bored because you two seem to be having fun. And Josh went off to chat with someone who checked him out."

"Oh my god. Really?" Megan's eyes light up and she starts looking around her. I think I've done a good job of distracting her.

"No, don't look at him." I turn her back to me. "That'll make him nervous knowing we're watching him flirt."

"Yeah, you're right." she laughs and calls the bartender back to replace the empty glass I gulped down. "Or he's already left with him."

"Aww, that would be so cute." Lizzie giggles and I join.

I order myself a drink as well and it doesn't take the bartender long to mix them together. He stares at us while tossing the metallic cocktail shaker around his body and into the air. He then pours the contents into separate glasses and slides them across the bar toward us.

I take my glass and quickly finish it again, but this time a little slower than before. Megan plants her elbow on the wooden bar and turns to face me on her high stool. "Okay, spill," she says, "You are looking pale and you hardly ever drink."

"What's wrong with that?" I try to retort as if I'm normal. I'm never normal, but right now, in this moment, it beats everything. "I just want to enjoy the night."

"Let her be." Lizzie scolds. "Weren't you just flirting with the bartender?"

Megan waves her hand dismissively. "Please. He was flirting with me." she takes a sip of her drink and glances at the bartender.

I chuckle at that, glad the subject got past me quickly. I don't know how I could ever explain to anyone that Mr. Jeon's nose rubbed against mine. How he looked down at me with his dark eyes. How his scent almost sent me into a trance and engulfed me.

My heart starts beating rapidly again and I can't explain the reason behind it. I should be freaking out, which I actually am already doing, but not because I was in fact enjoying how he was towering over me and how his warmth was reaching out to me. I should be freaking out because of what he did.

It has been a long time since someone has been that close to me and I can't find an explanation. Maybe he's drunk and thought I was someone else. But that doesn't make sense either because we had a whole conversation before that.

Focus, Mikayla.

Maybe he just wanted me to stop talking because I was blabbering his head off. But then again, he told me never to allow anyone to shut me up. What does that even mean?

I am so confused and the music and people talking loudly around me are not helping me at all to gather my thoughts and come to a logical conclusion. I consider telling Megan and asking for her opinion, but I don't want to make a big deal about something I may have misinterpreted.

"Mikayla." I didn't know I was lost in my thoughts until Megan taps me repeatedly on the arm. My eyes find hers and she makes a sign with her eyebrows towards something behind me.

When I turn around, I spot Ethan standing a few steps away from us. He's alone and he's looking in our direction, more specifically directly into my eyes. A soft smile pulls at his lips and with our eyes meeting, he now takes steps over to us.

I feel Megan's hand press against my bare lower back, quietly encouraging me to walk to him as well. I wonder how long he stood there alone, waiting for the opportunity for me to notice him.