"What are you doing?" He said, his deep voice sending a shiver down my spine. I hadn't heard his voice since that day in the gym.

"Dinner is set on the table." I took ahold of his suit, resisting the urge to lift it to my nose.

I watched as he nodded and then walked into the dining room. Inside sat nothing but a ten seater table, and a huge crystal chandelier above. Only two plates at each end of the table. Mine and his.

He took a seat at his end and I took mine at the opposite side.

I stared down at the pasta in front of me, trying to secretly glance at him. I knew he wasn't going to eat it as I felt his eyes burning into my head.

I took a bite and looked up, my eyes meeting his light brown ones.

I needed wine.

I stood up, walking passed him but his hand shot out, stopping me.

"What the fuck is this?" The words were mean and hard off his tongue. I almost smirked.

"What are you talking about?" I answered innocently, as I turned to him.

He took the fork and picked out a single red wire from his plate and held it up.

"How did that get in there?" I replied almost too innocently.

Did I cut the wires of the hidden cameras he had installed into my bedroom into his food? Yes. Why? Because he deserved it. Did he deserve worse? Yes.

"You fucking tell me" I laughed, like laughed out loud.

He had no right to invade the only personal space I have in this house. I was lucky I had found the cameras straightaway and the listening device the second night.

"Why don't you tell me Lorenzo." I watched as his jaw clenched. "Tell me why the hell you put cameras and a listening device in my bedroom"

"I don't know what you're talking about" he let out a small noise of amusement. Oh how I wanted to wipe that look off his face. Could I maybe hire one of my fathers men to kill him? Or hire someone myself?

"Don't bullshit me Lorenzo. I can't even relax in my bedroom anymore because of you!" I didn't even know if there was any more planted in my room, as the ones I had found were out in rather hidden spots.

"What exactly are you doing to relax piccolina" his hand snaked my waist, pulling me to stand in between his open legs. The corners of his lip slightly turned as his eyes grazed my body.

"Fuck you." I gritted out, trying to pull back, but he was just too strong for his own good. He was using this against me. He knew my body reacted to his. Asshole.

"I don't trust you."

"Neither do I, but trust me if I was a rat, a camera and a listening device won't give you what you're looking for"

The fact that he thought I was a rat was beyond me. My father wouldn't marry me off just for me to plot against his family. My father didn't want anything from his.

I sucked in a sharp breath as his fingers glided over the sides of my dress, stopping at the indent of my panties against it. His finger pressed against the string as he looked up at me. I clenched my legs, trying my best to not do something I was going to regret once again.

I wasn't drunk this time, I knew not to kiss him. But god did his lips look so kissable.

"Is there anymore in my room?" My voice came out much more breathless than I expected. He stood up, his lips inches away from mine.

"Tell me are you a rat?" our bodies were so close, the heat between us radiating off each other.

"No" God is this man stupid?

"Then no" His lips grazed over mine, his beard grazing my chin.

I pushed away, my eyes briefly falling on him before we both left the dining room through separate doors.

Piece of shit.

🖤

Shorter chapter today, also I can't believe we are already on chapter 24...like how the hell did that happen?

Please remember to vote and comment, it means so much to me x