5. Breakfast

Sofia Zanetti - POV

Sofia Zanetti - POV

I don't think I slept a wink last night. Every time I closed my eyes, my mind traced back to what happened earlier. And when I tried to get rid of the thoughts, Lorenzo's stupid face came and ruined it. Stupidly handsome face that was.

I can't believe I was getting married. To him.

I pulled on a hoodie, with the hood up to cover the red handprint which bruised my neck from when he had his hands around me. I didn't even know I bruised this easily.

I knew I was going to be yelled at by Papa some point today so I mentally prepared myself. He obviously found out what happened.

I mean the drawing room was left a mess, his white shirt, the floor, the sofa all stained in blood. I did not expect that much blood from a small graze on his neck.

Okay maybe not a small graze.

Oh god, I fucked up.

I knew what I was doing when I held the knife against him, I didn't have the intention to kill him even though every bone in my body wanted to kill him. It was an option out of this marriage but not the option I should follow, if I didn't want my entire family at war.

Honestly speaking I didn't know what I was trying to achieve when I had held the knife out to him. Maybe to see if he would back out this stupid arrangement. I wish. I wasn't thinking straight, that's what happened and now I had to face the consequences some point today.

Wait. Maybe the Russo's will back out. Because they realised Marco Zanetti's daughter is a fucking psycho bitch.

I stepped out of my room, and made my way to the dining room. Just like everyday, breakfast was spread out, prepared by the cooks. Fresh baked croissants, fruits and so much more set out in the middle of the large 12 seater table.

Sebastian was the only one seated, he sat tapping away at his phone as usual, whilst picking at his waffles. Was he ever not on his phone?

He looked up at me as I took a seat besides him.

"Surprised you showed up" he raised his eyebrows at me with a smug look.

"Why surprised?" I loaded my plate with scrambled eggs and buttered toast.

"You know exactly why" he laughed. "Papa went crazy after he left" great. I couldn't hear anything from downstairs after I left for my room. My room was the furthest on the floor, with thick walls which made it impossible to hear anything or anyone.

Just as he finished his sentence, in walked in no other than my father. He had that same look on his face as he always did. Emotionless. Only this time his eyebrows were slightly raised. He was angry. Dammit.

"Sofia" he said in a stern tone, taking a seat at his spot, at the end of the table, like a king. One of the younger maids rushed over pouring him a mug of black coffee, he lifted his hand to tell her to stop.