"When what?" Sam and Zach asked.

"When I swore to myself that I would never go back there," Dean admitted sadly.

Sam's voice softened. "I know. I don't want to go back there either. Look, Dean, we have to check this out. Just to make sure."

"I know we do."

---

They made their way to their old house.

"You gonna be all right, man?" Sam asked.

"Let me get back to you on that," Dean replied.

Zach stared at the house, trying to find any sort of memory, but all he remembered was orange flames and the heat.

They got out of the car and knocked on the front door. Jenny answered and Sam looked at her in shock, realizing she was the same woman from his dream.

"Yes?" Jenny asked.

"Sorry to bother you, ma'am, but we're with the Federal-" Dean was cut off.

Sam spoke. "I'm Sam Winchester, and these are my brothers, Dean and Zach. We used to live here. You know, we were just drivin' by, and we were wondering if we could come see the old place."

"Winchester," Jenny repeated. "Yeah, that's so funny. You know, I think I found some of your photos the other night."

"You did?" Dean and Zach asked.

Jenny nodded and stepped aside. "Come on in."

They walked inside and went to the kitchen. Sari was at the table doing homework.

"Juice! Juice! Juice! Juice!" Ritchie cried.

Jenny pointed to the boy. "That's Ritchie. He's kind of a juice junkie." She took a sip cup out of the refrigerator and handed it to Ritchie. "But, hey, at least he won't get scurvy." She walked over to her daughter. "Sari, this is Sam, Dean and Zach. They used to live here."

"Hi," Sari greeted as Dean waved.

"Hey, Sari," Dean said, glancing at Jenny.

Zach waved to the girl, then asked, "So, you just moved in?"

Jenny nodded. "Yeah, from Wichita."

"You got family here, or..."

"No. I just, uh... needed a fresh start, that's all. So, new town, new job -- I mean, as soon as I find one. New house."

"So, how you likin' it so far?" Sam questioned.

"Well, uh, all due respect to your childhood home -- I mean, I'm sure you had lots of happy memories here." Dean smiled weakly. "But this place has its issues."

"What do you mean?" Zach wondered.

"Well, it's just getting old. Like the wiring, you know? We've got flickering lights almost hourly."

"Oh, that's too bad," Dean said. "What else?"

"Um... sink's backed up, there's rats in the basement." She paused. "I'm sorry. I don't mean to complain."

Dean wasn't offended. "No. Have you seen the rats or have you just heard scratching?"

"It's just the scratching, actually."

"Mom?" Sari called, as Jenny knelt next to her. "Ask them if it was here when they lived here."

"What, Sari?" Sam asked.

"The thing in my closet."

Jenny shook her head. "Oh, no, baby, there was nothing in their closets." She turned to the brothers. "Right?"