04. Foreign Affairs

Start from the beginning

Y/n gave him enough mana to match her strength and sure enough, he is doing well for a clone.

It took a while before the mana in the clone depletes and vanished mid air. Y/n sighed, took out a towel from her pocket and wiped the sweat that built up after an hour sparing with clone Felix.

"Y/n, I'd like to ask." Myers fixed her glasses as she stared at the female student.

Y/n turned to her with her head tilted in askance. "Yes?"

"That person whom you fought, what is he?" She asked.

"Ah, that's a clone. I provided it with sufficient mana to stand against me." Y/n explained.

Everyone were stunned by that answer. A clone which is a perfect copy of human? It can even produce strong attacks that can match her quick movements and can break the ground?

That's a clone?!

"Clone?! Y/n, that's amazing! To think you can create an advanced magic like that." Aladdin's energy went back as soon as he heard her say that. He was really amazed because even he, a magi, cannot do such magic yet.

"The master of the magic tower can actually do so many things. He is probably the most powerful person in Obelia." Y/n praised her brother-in-law half-heartedly.

"Is the tower master a magi?" Aladdin suddenly inquired.

Y/n had an idea what a magi is so she quickly shook her head to deny. "He is just a very very strong magician. A genius who's lived long enough to be my gra--" She stopped talking. He is not old to be my grandpa, he grew up with sis. Follow the script! Y/n told herself.

Lucas isn't a creation for choosing a king just like how they have magis in Reim and Kou or some other lands similar. He's just a magician bored with life and decided that he wants to marry her dearest sister because he likes her very much so... wait wouldn't that mean he'll become emperor someday?

Having not seen said magic tower master, Myers only believes what she sees. And right now, the true genius in her eyes is this girl who possesses jewelled blue eyes. Her existence can shake the floor of both Reim and Kou's.

At night, she was finally invited by Kouha's attendant to have a meal with him.

Y/n took the offer and dressed herself in a simple white buttoned up shit tucked in a dress. Making her look simple yet elegant.

Opening the door to the dining, Kouha stood up with a delighted expression and welcomed her. "I'm so glad you can come!" He said.

"Thank you for having me, your highness." Y/n courtesied while Kouha carefully lead her to the seat on his side. He pulled the chair for her and Y/n obligingly accepted the gentleman gesture.

It seems like he can follow some etiquette too. Y/n thought and smiled at him.

"Then, let's start dinner." Kouha clapped as the door opened and the cook placed the food on the table carefully.

Y/n picked up the silverware and started slicing the meat. Hearing no complaints from the girl, Kouha started as well.

"You want to hear about Obelia, correct?"

"Yes." Kouha replied.

"Alright, then I'd like to introduce Obelian Empire."

(Cue on author cracking knuckles in preparation to copy pasting fandom.com)

"The Obelian Empire is a powerful sovereign state with a prosperous, thriving culture..." Y/n started to narrate while Kouha listened to her attentively. With every vivid explanation of the country sets the young man's eyes to brighten even more with interest.

In the span of thirty minutes summarizing Obelia, Y/n took a sip on her cup of tea after feeling her throat dry.

When she looked at Kouha once more, the boy still had this gleam in his eyes as if he had not left the fantasy of being in Obelia himself.

"I wonder if I'll be able to visit it one day." He said almost like it was to himself.

Y/n hummed. "You're a prince, your highness. Kou and Obelia, Obelia and Reim or Sindria and Obelia. Our country doesn't have conflict with any powerful sovereigns. If you wish to visit, just send a letter of formality." She explained.

"That's true." He sighed in relief. "I do wish you come with. So that you can show me around."

Y/n chuckled. "If you need a guide, I'm probably the last person who can help." She said apologetically.

My father will never allow it. She thought while remembering every letters and proposals that went straight into their small campfire underneath the starry night.

"Why not?" Kouha questions.

"Well, I don't think I'll be free to go anywhere else if I go home." She explained.

"Oh, that sucks." He said in disappointment.

"Why did your highness came to Magnostadt, if you don't mind me asking?" She asked.

Kouha sighed. "Well, we're trying to have a political agreement. Since as you can see, Magnostadt is actually in the middle of Kou and Reim. If this country keeps up independently, I think it's going down to ashes--"

"Lord Kouha, please don't say it as such." His attendant reminded.

"Oh, sorry. I didn't mean to scare you." The young man looked at her checking her reaction.

Y/n only sipped her cup of tea. "I see. That's a saddening news." She commented indifferently. "If Magnostadt chose either one of the empire, the casualties would actually lessen if war breaks out. Since one of the country will be cloaking it under protection."

"I know right. But the chancellor Mogamett doesn't seem to understand that."

Although Y/n thought that it was really good to ally on either one of the empire, it's still quite advisable not to carelessly show any public biasness because of their conflict.

Y/n should hurry and snag that country under Obelia. It's the only way to make sure that Magnostadt wouldn't be put under such a position that it will have to bow under the mercy of any bordering strong empires.

"Prince Kouha, isn't this a nice country." She said.

"Hm? Well that's true." He replied.

Y/n smiled. "I like this country a lot, so I think it's better if it ended up in a stronger country that can protect it." And that will be the one and only Obelia.