Chapter 62: Harper

A/N: Mature content.

Even though my favorite pastime was ego- and ball-busting on Jake, he always played football well. He was naturally talented and ate, slept, and breathed that damn sport. His dump truck-sized ass worked incredibly hard, harder than I'd ever dedicated myself towards anything in my life. His offensive results spoke for themselves but, in USC's second-to-last home game, he came onto the field and dominated every Trojans' offensive possession of the ball.

The crowd's atmosphere was more electric than a delayed and rescheduled boy band concert. Ninety-two thousand fans, mostly USC's, cheered and celebrated every yard Jake moved forwards, field goal London Drake tapped in, and defensive stop that stopped Cal's drives or, even better, smashed them backwards.

With as many games as I'd half-assed watched, tonight number seven grabbed and held my attention every time he was on the field.

Jake's normal, stoic, run-first offense was absent against the Cal Bears. USC charged down the field, one pass at a time. Jake's arm fired the ball like a well-oiled cannon, which included a forty-four-yard touchdown reception to Evan on their first drive of the second quarter.

"Looks like your boy can go balls deep." I smirked at Delilah.

With zero hesitation, she returned with a wink, "So can I."

Girl-crush kidding aside, I liked Delilah within the roughly five minutes she needed to tell me the story of why she sat next to me. She and Evan met at Adam and Eve when Jake had, in her words, 'adorably and uncomfortably' brought some friends with him for my replacements. Evan dragged her into the changing room so he could try on a leather number, where instead she fucked him senseless until he begged for her number.

Like a true fuckgirl queen, she gave him the wrong seven digits. And she hadn't just given him a random phone number but an erectile dysfunction support hotline.

Nearly desperate, Evan called the store two hours later and she hung up on him. Thursday night, he showed up at Adam and Eve after her shift ended. In what she called a moment of 'pussy-pity,' they screwed in the parking lot in one of the security camera's blind spots. Afterwards, he convinced her to come over and they'd fucked each other wildly all night.

Mrs. H. had never looked so invested in a football game before but I gaped in awe. Her crazy kinks, combined with his, made me and Jake look like a melted vanilla ice cream cone.

Still can't believe I didn't hear their sexcapades one floor down.

"Yeah, we broke his cheapass desk," she laughed. "Totally worth the splinters in his ass. I thought it was a one-night thing but..."

"Here you are," I finished for her.

She echoed my own sentiments with absolutely no interest in her voice, "Here I am, probably fucking stupid out of my mind."

Beyond familiar sentiments.

For my sake, I hope this one lasts.

While other girlfriends of Jake's other team members sat a few rows back, I'd avoided any and all contact with those heifers. Delilah was like a breath of fresh air through LA's silicon, contoured surface air. After today, I had a feeling she would've at least challenged Evan for another round since I hadn't even known the seat next to mine was his.

"Someone's lit a fire under his ass." Mrs. Harrison nodded at Jake as we stood up for halftime, USC up 38-10 over Cal for what looked like their fifth win of the season.

She was right. In just half the game, Jake had 237 yards passing, 78 yards rushing, 3 touchdown passes, and another score he'd run in himself. And he'd never stood still, some of his passes were thrown off his back foot or while he ran laterally to the line of scrimmage.