It was enchanting meeting you (Rosamund Pike x Reader)

Start from the beginning

It was not common for the concentrated and perfeccionist designer to be lost in her own space to shine. But then again, it was not her room, and the actual owner of it had an energy that could easily penetrate in every possible crack in the walls. For a fact, she had y/n starstruck, and there was no hint in her that she'd be the type to ever consider her work place, a place to feel anything but professional. But, oh boy, how professional you could be when the human version of sunshine was extending her hand at your direction, making you instantly grab onto soft skin and slender fingers.

I'm Rosamund Pike. Have we met before?", She asked as if it was a common occurrence to do so. Y/N was sure she had met the actress though television, but no. She had never met such beautiful eyes, elegant and sweet smile all the same, in person. She would remember ever facing her and the bubbly feeling her stomach was experiencing while a small pressure of smooth fingerprints could be felt against the back of her cold hand.

“Ahm, no. I'm afraid not. No. ”, y/n managed to answer in a small, raspy voice. So far from the strong one her team would see her using. “I'd definitely remember you, I'm sure.” , the blonde actress laughed, and there was nothing in the world that could stop the younger woman of the pair from wanting to face the wall and hide the ruby color rising to her cheeks.

“You're probably right. You must be Y/N?" she filled the presentation with the question. “Your team talked a lot about you.”

“Oh, yeah. Sorry!”, y/n offered, finally releasing the older woman's hands and looking around the room. There was a small table set with french pastry and tea. “Only good things, I hope. I'm Y/N, Maria's pupil, at that. I'd be leading this team of misfits to make your experience with Dior the best possible.”

Rosamund smiled again, nodding her head as her gaze followed Y/N, but said nothing as pair of deep tired eyes turned to her once more. “And I'll be supervising the video too, because apparently these guys here need me to keep them from fooling around.”, came an attempt to joke around, and it was welcomed after the whole silenced room and watchful eyes became familiar voices and complaints, making you laugh.

Pike took a deep breath, a little less firm than the version that welcome you, and soon your own smile faded.

Professional. That's what you had to be.

“ Okay, guys. Let's roll.”, Y/N tried to correct herself. “ We're ready when you are.”

           •---------•---------•---------•---------•---------•

                        Walls of insincerity,
                shifting eyes and vacancy
          Vanished when I saw your face.

Obviously, Rosamund's relationship with  camera as nothing but essential to keep the work short, simple and yet beautiful.

Y/N usually had a lot to do on her phone while this type of things were happening, but for once she didn't felt the urge of keeping her attention short and only on the things that actually mattered.

Maybe it was that elegant voice speaking the only French she could ever understand, of probably how fucking beautiful those gray rays of sunshine seeped though Rosamund's huge windows and made her golden hair glow better then the morning fading into noon outside their little set-up.

It was ethereal. She was. And it was so damn unfair someone could be that mesmerizing and so distant from her reality.

Hey. Are you even listening?", Called out Jess, whispering while waving another cup of coffee in front of her have. Y/N's eyes tore away from a fixed point behind the camera focused point. Miss Pike was now almost ready with her chosen dress, filming just the last part they needed before all of the team would be sent to their own rooms to get ready to the actual show.

“Sorry.”, came the response, but not even an attempt to defend herself after being caught eyeing the actress with some sort of admiration that was too intense to be simply fan worshiping.

“ Didn't know you were such a fan!”, Jes teased, voice filled with second intensions and that type of thought drove Y/N mad. It was almost embarrassing.

“Can you blame me?"

Jes thought back a moment, visibly taken aback by her bosses straightforward response, but it suited her all the same. Between all of their colleagues, she was the only one who could get close to seeing the real version of Y/N. Dedicated. Strong. Talented. Yes. But also sweet, caring, daring, intense.

The assistant felt the need to fill the silence between them with another remark, but the moment she had to do so was cut short by a round of small applauses and a shy and fully really Rosamund going though all of them to congratulate them.

Once it was done, it was done. Y/N was the only one left the talk to, and there was something almost childish about how the older woman looked at her new standing figure, alone in a corner of the room the camera wouldn't pick up, and where He's had just recently left them alone, almost rushing everyone out of the door so it was only the fashion designer, the actress and very few of the camera crew dealing with the rest of the equipment.

“You are a hard person to see. ”, the actress brought up. Y/N would easily get red with that, with how deeply Rosamund's eyes now bigger with the makeup were focused on her every move. Somehow, being only the two in a little bubble, ir make things easier. She wasn't as shy as the first time, or as afraid.  “You're too beautiful and talented to hide in the corner, you know? Everything here happened because of you."

Y/N laughed, eyes coming to the ground with a newfound sense of belonging. Weirdly enough.

          The playful conversation starts
          Counter all your quick remarks
             Like passing notes in secrecy

“ Is that your way of thanking me? I heard my team getting sweeter compliments.”

Pike's response to the way sparkling eyes faced her that time was a long quiver of red lips and a step closer. They were in a decent distance, but it felt too personal to even breath there.

“ I hope to see you tonight? ” , the blonde said, voice low and careful. “It'll be a shame if I don't.”

“Maybe you will.” the fashion designer, in all her real glory, reached for the older's face, but what looked like a promising and silent confession came into the variant of her soft touch fixing the veil chosen by Rosamund, suggested by Y/N herself.  “Maybe you won't. I have a tendency to hide.”

“So don't." it was a quick, almost whipping answer, but Rosamund held herself like a lady. There was definitely something royal about how her shoulder were still straight after almost leaning into the hands that touched her face. But she continued, “I mean it.”

Although Y/N could ask what she meant, there was no need. You're too beautiful and talented to hide in the corner. Nothing Maria could ever say to her now would bring so much pride and joy.

The younger woman put distance between their bodies, even if there was no need, and smiled truthfully. Pike could swear that she knew that smile would be hard to forget.

" Y/n...”, Rosamund called before she could get very further into her idea of slowly leaving the place, her eyes shifting between the designer and the set table. Just then her mind went places, and Y/N knew what she was saying before words came later.

“Thank you for the tea. It was really thoughtful of you.”

      And it was enchanting to meet you