𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝟏𝟓

     I don't think I have ever run so fast

My legs pushed me farther down the white hallways. My house shoes that I threw on my feet in a hurry didn't help me go any faster. In fact, I slipped on the polished floor one too many times.

Of course, it could also be because I am extremely intoxicated. But I'd rather not think about that.

I had grabbed the clothes that were closest to me when I heard the news. I threw on a long cardigan and joggers. I pulled up my dirty hair and rushed out the door.

Jack drove me quickly through the cars that filled the dark city streets. I could feel our anxiety cloud the atmosphere of the car. He didn't speak to me the whole drive. But I couldn't have cared less. I didn't want to speak with him.

When I checked my clock, it read 3:47 a.m. I rubbed my eyes as I sighed. How could I be so stupid?

I was too afraid to open my phone. I didn't want to read the texts that Antony could have sent me before... before he went to the hospital. I don't think that I could bare it.

When I reached the door to his room, I stopped myself from going inside. I was so scared. All I could hear was the monitor beeping. It gave me relief that my brother wasn't dead. At least not yet.

I quickly opened the door, seeing my parents sat beside each other against the wall. Charlie and Sofia were curled up together on the couch by Antony's bed. He had wires and iv's connected to his body. The white gown covered his top half while his legs were covered by the blankets. His face was bruised, busted and swollen. I felt my heart sink as I looked at him.

I felt the tears run down my cheeks as Antony laid still. He didn't move. Not once. His face didn't twitch. His fingers didn't wiggle. His eyes didn't roll around under their lids, he was completely still.

I felt Jack come up behind me, his hands pushing my shoulders lightly into the room. He shut the door behind us as I stood against the wall. I didn't want to come any closer to him. I didn't want this to be real. This couldn't have happened. Not now, he's so young.