Chapter 2 - The Hashira Meeting

Start from the beginning

"HELLO TOMIOKA, I HOPE YOU ARE DOING WELL TODAY!" Rengoku yelled from his position next to Uzui.

Giyuu turned and bowed to the flame pillar in response.

"Wow the great and powerful Tomioka took time out of his day to acknowledge your existence how lucky you must be Kyojuro." Sanemi mocked clearly still angry.

"You know Tomioka-san, it's awful rude to ignore the person right in front of you while talking to others." Shinobu said, a vein popping from her forehead.

"But I didn't talk." Giyuu answered his face still unchanged.

"The point still stands Tomioka-san you know this is why..." She started but was interrupted as two identical young girls emerged from the estate.

"The master has arrived, the master has arrived." They said in unison. Shinobu and Giyuu took off as fast they could. Shinobu returning to her position next to Mitsuri, while Giyuu knelt next to Gyomei.

Kagaya Ubuyashiki, the leader of the demon slayer corps walked out slowly wearing his usual white and black attire, the scars and purple shade of his illness stopping just before his eyes. As he reached the edge of the platform he stood on, he joined his two daughters in facing the Hashira.

"Oyakata-sama we pray and hope for your continued health and wellbeing." Gyomei said still kneeling but facing the master.

"Thank you Gyomei, please rise my children." Ubuyashiki responded kindly smiling at the pillars of his organisation.

The Hashira all rose and stood at attention.

"I called this meeting for two main reason, but before that Giyuu, how are your wounds and fever?" He asked.

"They are fine Oyakata-sama, thank you for your concern" Giyuu responded bowing.

"I see, then I am glad, thank you Shinobu for your continued care of our corps members." The master said facing Shinobu.

"No problems at all Oyakata-sama." She bowed, receiving another smile from the master.

"My great pillars, I am sure you have heard the fantastic news regarding the slaying of lower moons 4 and 6 by Kyojuro and Gyomei. This is a great accomplishment and any instability within the ranks of the Kizuki greatly hinders any efforts put forward by Kibutsuji to supress humanity." He started.

"Now onto the main reasons for this meeting, starting with the bad news. My children I fear my condition is worsening and within the year I fear I will lose my vision." He said sadly, earning shocked looks and gasps from the Hashira including even the emotionless Giyuu.

"Oyakata-sama, if I may, please reconsider my request to have at least one of us Hashira guard you at all times." Gyomei pleaded tears running down his face.

"That will not be necessary my child. I thank you for your concern, but you are needed elsewhere." He answered.

"Moving on to the second piece of news, as the lower moons may be forming alliances and teaming up more you will now all be taking on more joint missions together." He finished.

"Understood Oyakata-sama." The Hashira all answered in unison.

"Great, now that was all the pressing matters, you are all free to return to your normal duties, your joint missions will begin in a week from today so be prepared." He finished bowing to the pillars.

"Thank you, Oyakata-sama." The Hashira all responded.

As the meeting ended Giyuu did as Giyuu does and begun to exit immediately until he was stopped by a tug on his haori, turning to see the insect pillar looking up at him her large violet eyes attempting to pierce his cold exterior.

"Tomioka-san leaving so soon? Why not join us we're all going out for lunch or are you too busy being alone and brooding." Shinobu teased.

"No." He responded flatly.

"My my Tomioka-san are we back to single words, but you spoke in such full sentences when I took care of you at the mansion." Shinobu continued to tease gripping his Haori tighter.

"I'm not like you all. Please let go of my Haori." He said in almost a disappointed tone.

"God, he's not giving us that bullshit again is he just how arrogant can he be." Shinazugawa yelled angrily.

"Please Shinazugawa-san if you keep on like this he'll never join us." Mitsuri pleaded sweetly.

"I agree." Obanai added.

"Oh please...." Sanemi said annoyed.

"You're only saying that because of Mitsuri, if she weren't here, you'd be mocking him with me." He grumbled under his breath.

"Did you say something Sanemi, I could barely hear you!" Rengoku asked receiving an annoyed grunt from the white haired pillar.

Shinobu let go off the Haori disappointed but maintaining her trademark smile. As Giyuu began to walk he was interrupted by the master.

"Giyuu can you please wait, I have a mission for you." The man said calmly.

"Of course, Oyakata-sama." Giyuu turned and knelt before the master, the rest of Hashira stopped to listen hoping for it to be interesting.

"I need you to head to Mt Kumotori, there have been reports of people disappearing in the town near there." He ordered sadly.

"Understood I will take my leave immediately." Giyuu stood and bowed before turning to leave.

"ara ara Tomioka-san, do you want me to join you? That area tends to be cold I wouldn't want you to come back to me with a fever again since you're clearly incapable of taking care of yourself." Shinobu once again teased.

"I am sorry for being a burden." He answered leaving at a high speed.

Shinobu felt a small sense of guilt creep in and begun to feel sad for Giyuu until she was pulled from her thoughts by a yelling Sanemi.

"IS IT BECAUSE HE GETS SPECIAL MISSIONS THAT HE THINKS HE'S BETTER THAN US." He yelled being restrained by Kyojuro.

Just stay safe you anti-social idiot. Shinobu thought picking up her pace to join Mitsuri.

Another chapter in the books, I plan on getting 3 or 4 done this week so hopefully they just continue to flow.

So while I was writing the newest chapter I realised I made a massive mistake. Muichiro is not a pillar yet, so I'm going through and fixing that. So yeah my bad.