Chapter 4: The Devil's Fate (Part 1)

Começar do início

Whatever it is Rikuto was getting angry of, it is nothing more than trivial reason fuelled by Lucifer's dark power. Meaning that Lucifer is completely innocent, but so are the married couple who is yelling at him for a mistake he never even made.

It can't be helped as normal humans have lower tolerance against Lucifer's dark power.

"Now get out of here, before I call the guards!" Rikuto shove Lucifer in anger, which did nothing to the towering man as he stood there like the strongest pillar.

But because of that, Rikuto was the one who got pushed by his own strength and almost fell, but thankfully his wife was there to catch him.

"Rikuto! Are you okay?" Erika asked in concern for her husband.

"Did you see that? How horrible! He just shoved the owner like that!"

"Yeah! We should call the guards! We don't need a pervert and a thug in the restaurant!"

"Get him out of here!"

The crowd of people circling Lucifer starts blaming Lucifer for something he did not do, as they are slowly being consumed by Lucifer's leaking power as well.

This is the natural fate for the Devil. A world where everyone rejects him for simply being him.

To think that Lucifer had to deal with this everytime he met another soul. Miko could only imagine what kind of tough life he had been through if everyone treated him like this. How could he even stay sane at all with his power, along with the people around him resenting him for the smallest of reasons, if not--no reason at all.

Now Miko understood why Lucifer was stunned by Miko's offer to visit her again later. It was most likely the first time anyone had ever said that to him in his entire life.

"You should've just get out while we were still patient enough!"

One of the customers in the crowd decides to take matters into his own hand by throwing a bowl of steaming hot Tonkotsu Ramen at Lucifer. Miko was about to intervene, until Lucifer raise a hand at the direction of where Miko stood and shook his head at her.

"Do not intervene." Lucifer mouths to Miko, before he was splashed with the steaming hot ramen.

Because of that moment of hesitation, Miko failed to stop it in time. Lucifer never had any intention of dodging the bowl of ramen. It soaked his whole face and hair, while his face is now steaming caused by the hot ramen, but the heat of the food did nothing to faze the Harbinger.

Lucifer remains reserved and calm, his eyes are emotionless. No. Emotionless is an understatement. It's completely empty, as empty as what you would see from a dead person's eyes. It is as if he had already long accepted his fate of being the natural enemy of the world. A fate that is crueller than death. A curse, in exchange for unimaginable power.

Looking at his eyes, Miko could only wonder if the unimaginable power was worth it. Not that he had a choice, if he was corrupted by the dark power. Not even the Gods could survive the corruption, let alone conquering it like Lucifer did.

In Miko's eyes, he's merely a unique specimen that greatly amuse her. Yes, that is what he is to her. Nothing more. Nothing less. A specimen that needs to be dissected, as Lucifer had said before.

Even so...

"Oh dear me~" Miko stepped out of the crowd and quickly turned into the sole focus of the crowd. "What in Teyvat happened here?" Miko ignores the signal Lucifer was throwing at her, keeping her mood light, but an annoyance was building up under that light mood mask.

"Lady Guuji!" Everyone is surprised that they have yet to realize the big figure was standing amongst the crowd, as they were too drowned in their resentment against Lucifer, they have failed to notice the eye catching figure of Yae Miko.