Chapter 10: A Date with Akeno!

Last time Lucien ended up getting a visit from his brother and Grayfia where they discussed Kuroka's fate. Lucien ended up taking her on as the Queen of his Peerage. Now however he must fulfill a promise he made to Akeno.

Lucien didn't know what to expect honestly, when Akeno said he owed her a date, we'll that wasn't exactly comforting information. Lucien decided to wear a crimson button up shirt that matched his hair, tucked neatly into a pair of black dress pants. He wore a belt that had a buckle shaped like a classic record. Black dress shoes on his feet and of course his black headphones. Lucien looked himself over in the mirror and took note of all the scratches and even a few hairline cracks on his headphones. "I should really try and buy a new set of headphones." Lucien thought to himself as he grabbed Zankoku Otome as the door to the room opened up.
          "My don't you look handsome." Kuroka purred as she strutted over to Lucien before looking him over. "You are not bringing that katana with you on a date!" Kuroka said as she quickly swiped the sword away from her master before he could protest. "What if I need to defend myself? I don't feel like using up the magic in my cursed arm if I don't have to." Lucien fired back as he looked at his Queen sternly. Kuroka playfully sat on the bed before shooting her master a rather playful cat like grin. While Lucien appreciated Kuroka becoming his Queen, he still felt uneasy when ever mischief flashed in the nekomata's eyes.
             "I know your destruction magic is your weakest form of attack, but how do you expect to get better if you barely utilize it? You can't rely on this sword and that arm of yours forever you know?" Kuroka said in her usual teasing tone, but Lucien could sense the seriousness in her words. "Fine, but only because I doubt something catastrophic will happen during this date." Lucien said admitting defeat as a triumphant smile spread across Kuroka's face. "Good, now you should go down to the cafe, I'm sure Akeno is waiting." Kuroka said as she walked past Lucien, brushing a hand along his arm before making her exit from the room as Lucien let out an unamused sigh.
           Lucien made his way downstairs to the portion of the building that made up the Cackling Skull. Lucien knew his parents wanted him to move back to their family home full time, but he had gotten pretty attached to this place so it was hard to just pack up his room and leave. He appealed to his parents by staying at their home Thursday through the weekend, although he made an exception this week due to the promise he made. "Oh did you get all dressed up for me Lucien?" Lucien turned to see Akeno, not in her usual school uniform, but a red dress with puffy white sleeves. A heart necklace hung around her neck and the thing Lucien noticed the most, her hair was down instead of in the usual ponytail.

 A heart necklace hung around her neck and the thing Lucien noticed the most, her hair was down instead of in the usual ponytail

           "I wouldn't say your necessarily dressed casually either Akeno." Lucien said calmly causing her to giggle before walking up to the youngest Gregory sibling and standing right in front of him. "Well I wanted to look good, this is a date after all." Akeno said in her usual sultry tone as she gently hugged Lucien's left arm. "Now, shall we get going?" Akeno said as Lucien simply nodded before both of them walked out of the Cackling Skull. As Lucien and Akeno walked down the street, little did they know a figure was watching them from a distance. The short figure followed after the duo as they kept their distance as to not be spotted.