Chapter 8: The Devious Nekomata!

Last time Riser sent members of his Peerage after Lucien in order to take him prisoner! With the help of Lin Lin and the Count, they were able to fend off the trio of Devils. Although things seem to be getting more difficult for the young Devil.

Lucien was currently staring down a truly terrifying sight, his enraged big sister and an equally enraged Akeno. "Lucien, would you like to explain why the entire front part of the cafe is a gaping hole?" Rias asked her little brother as she tried to keep her emotions under control at the moment. Lucien remained silent as he stared at his sister, who was standing in front of the still damaged cafe entrance. "Okay, but you have to promise not to go ballistic. That goes for Akeno as well." Lucien said calmly as he didn't want today to fly off the rails when he admitted the truth.
"What happened?" Rias said again as she still wanted an swear to what happened at the cafe. Lucien explained how three members of Riser's Peerage had come to the Cackling Skull in order to take him prisoner so Riser could get back at her. "I'm going to sling that cowardly bastard alive!!" Rias growled as everyone except Akeno and Lucien flinched at her enraged tone. "Sis, I told you not to go ballistic." Lucien said as he tried to calm his sister down. "Maybe we should find that cave he decided to hole himself up in and obliterate it." Akeno added as her usual smile was on her face, but everyone could feel her sadistic aura radiating off her.
"Akeno, you are not helping the situation." Lucien said in an unamused tone as he stared at his sister's Queen. "I don't think your gonna get through to them Lucien, they look like their to far gone." Issei said as he cast a glance towards the two angered women. "Look, I'm thinking about going through with the whole Peerage thing. Only to make sure I have backup for the next time something like this happens." Lucien said as he hoped to put at least his sister's mind at ease. Rias's expression softened as Lucien's words seemed to put her in a better mood.
"It's good to know your finally accepting it Lucien." Rias said as she gave her brother a gentle smile. "Yeah, yeah don't get to excited about now. Anyway once I'm finished with work today I need to go out and hunt down another Stray Devil to keep my arm in check." Lucien said as he leaned back in his chair slightly. Rias nodded in understanding before she and the rest of her Peerage bid farewell to Lucien, although Akeno lingered behind slightly as she rested her gaze on Lucien for awhile longer before following after the others. Of course this doesn't go unnoticed by a few members of the Peerage.
"Hey Akeno, what's got you all concerned?" Issei asked as he walked next to the Queen of the Peerage. A blush spread across her face at the question. "I-It's nothing Issei, I'm just worried about Lucien is all." Akeno said in slight embarrassment before picking up her pace to walk next to Rias. "Hold on a second, does Akeno have a thing for Lucien? Looks like I better do some investigating." Issei thought to himself as he decided he needed to investigate this a little further. "A childhood crush maybe? If that's the case, Lucien's a lucky guy." Issei mumbled to himself as he continued to follow behind the rest of the Peerage.

Later that Night
Lucien sheathed Zankoku Otome as he had just took down another Stray Devil and absorbed it's magic energy into the Arm of Corruption. "Alright that should take care of the arm for the next week or two." Lucien mumbled to himself as he got ready to fly back to the Cackling Skull, but sensed something nearby as he rested his hand on the handle of his katana. "I know your watching me, come out before I attack." Lucien said calmly as he waited for any type of response from whoever was watching him. A feminine giggle was heard as Lucien turned to see a girl in a kimono, with cat ears and a tail.

 A feminine giggle was heard as Lucien turned to see a girl in a kimono, with cat ears and a tail