𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐓𝐰𝐞𝐧𝐭𝐲-𝐅𝐨𝐮𝐫 |𝟐𝟒|

Start from the beginning

Derya.

For some reason, those unruly curls, flushed cheeks, and ocean blue eyes seep into my brain and for some reason, my anger calms slightly. Not enough, but slightly.

"I'm leaving."

"Remo-"

"I'm calm enough to drive properly and not knock an old lady off the road, okay? Just let me go," I snap, growing annoyed at their constant concern.

They don't say anything more, just exchange a worried glance before bringing that stare to rest on me as I get into my car again.

I hightail out of that place and try to get away as fast as possible. I'm thinking about what went down today, how it didn't feel right. The more I think about this, the angrier I get. The angrier I get, the faster I drive. But it's late at night and there is no one else out on the road but me.

A little while into my destination-less drive, I notice a black SUV trailing behind me, windows tinted too dark for me to see and lights off.

Great. Just what I need today.

I pick up speed, trying to get away before they attempt anything. However, I'm not so lucky because another SUV pulls up in front of me. I press hard on the breaks and manage to stop just in time.

Heart pounding in my chest, I dig around the side compartment for my gun. I have two guns strapped to my chest along with two knives, and a knife on my ankle. There's more weapons in the car but I leave those just in case.

They're already stepping out of their cars, coming towards me. With a pounding heart and the sound of screeching tires still in my ears, I take a deep breath and open the door.

 ❦︎

It's over. I press a bloodied hand against the hood of my car and use it to lift myself up.

Shit, they got me good. I knew something wasn't right at the meeting. Those fuckers only came to fucking spy on us. And when I left alone, they attacked.

Now standing with my hand pressed tightly against the wound in my side, blood oozing out from between my fingers, I take in the mess on the street. Red splattered on the dark tar of the road, bullet casings lay in them. The metallic taste of blood in my mouth and the smell of blood in my nose. Eight bodies in total lie on the street. I don't know if they're dead, alive or unconscious and I don't care.

I stumble to my car, groaning in pain. I took a lot of hits. Luckily, no bullet wounds but I did get stabbed. And as soon as I did I took that same knife and jabbed it into the fucker's chest.

I get into my car at an achingly slow pace. Resting my head against the seat, I allow myself to rest for a moment, allow myself to catch my breath.

Taking a deep breath, I remove my hand from my side to see the damage. A pained groan tears from my throat as I press my fingers against the wound, making sure I don't need stitches.

Now all I have to decide is where the fuck am I going to go because I can barely fucking walk.

Derya.

Her name floats through my head. Derya. I shouldn't go there. She shouldn't be seeing me like this. But I've already made up my mind.

It doesn't take me long to get there but I park a few spaces down from her house. It takes me a while to reach her bedroom window and it takes me even longer to get into her room.

I lean heavily against the wall.

"Ocean," I call out, my voice weak and croaky. My breathing deepens as the room spins around me.