Chapter 5: Getting prepared

Começar do início

Gringotts

Harry, Hagrid, and Thomas continue walking down Diagon Alley when Thomas realizes something, "But, Hagrid, how are we to pay for all this? We haven't any money." "I was thinking the same thing." Harry says, Hagrid then says, "Well, there's your money, Harry and Thomas." He points to a tall, white, marble building, "Gringotts, the Wizard Bank. T'aint no place safer, 'cept perhaps Hogwarts." 

They both walk inside the bank, they walk down the shiny aisle, passing tiny creatures working at their desks, Thomas saw them in his mother's book but forgot what they were called, "Uh, Hagrid, what exactly are these things?" Harry asks, Hagrid answers, ": They're goblins, Harry. Clever as they come goblins, but not the most friendly of beasts. Best stick close to me." We both stick close to Hagrid. Hagrid clears his throat as they approach a counter with a goblin, wearing spectacles and a waistcoat, in it. Hagrid says, "Mr. Harry Potter and Mr. Thomas Jacobs wishes to make a withdrawal." 

The goblin looks up and says, "And does Mr. Harry Potter have his key?" Hagrid quickly answers and looks in his pockets, "Oh. Wait a minute. Got it here somewhere. Hah. There's the little devil." He whispers to the goblin and says, "Oh, and there's something else as well." He takes out a letter wrapped in string and says, "Professor Dumbledore gave me this." Hagrid gives the Goblin the letter, he continues,  "It's about you-know-what in vault you-know-which." "Very well." the goblin says. 

Later, we raced down the depth caverns in a cart vehicle. The cart stops and the goblin driving us stops the cart and say, "Vault 687 and 688." he gets out of the cart and looks at Hagrid, "Lamp please." Hagrid picked up the lamp an gave the lamp to the goblin. Each of us got out of the cart and followed the goblin to Harry's vault, both Harry's and my vaults were next to each other. We stopped at Harry's vault and the goblin turned then looked at Hagrid, "Key please." Hagrid hands him the key and the goblin unlocks the vault. The room is filled nearly top to bottom with coins. Both harry and Thomas are amazed, Hagrid spoke, "Didn't think your mum and dad would leave you with nothing now, did ya?" I looked around and wondered what my vault looked like, "And what does my vault look like?" Hagrid smirked. 

After we were done collecting money from Harry's vault, we went into mine. the goblin opened the vault, and inside, the vault was filled with coins, just like Harry's, excepted Thomas's had a few other stuff like jewels, chests, and other gold objects, "Both yours and Harry's parents knew each other, shared everything, even the riches." we then took some money out of my vault and left. 

We continued on through the cavern to the next vault. "Vault 713." the goblin said, Harry and I were both curious on what's in there, "What's in there, Hagrid?" I ask, Hagrid replies, "Can't tell you two that. It's Hogwarts business. Very secret.". the goblin then spoke, "Stand back." The goblin slides his finger down the door. The vault opens to reveal a small white stone package, Hagrid entered the vault and scooped it up. The eerie light it was shining with disappears. Hagrid then looked at Harry and Thomas, "Best not mention this to anyone, Harry and Thomas." Harry and I nodded in agreement. 

Outside back in Diagon Alley, 

Harry, Hagrid, and Thomas walked through the street. Each of them carrying a few bags. Harry and Thomas has bought most of their equipment, and Harry is reading their list, "We still need...a wand.", Hagrid sighed, "A wand? Well, you'll want Ollivanders." He pointed towards a store with a sign saying, Ollivanders, along with a symbol. Thomas looks at the small rectangular box in his pocket, the one he found along with his mother's book, it had the same symbol. "No place better. Run along there, but wait. I just got one more thing I got to do. Won't be long." Hagrid said. Harry and Thomas runs into the store, Thomas brought his box. 

Harry and Thomas both go into the store, quietly and they put their boxes down. They look around. There are shelves of wands in boxes, but no people. "Hello? Hello?" I softly spoke, seeing if anyone was here. Then, a man slid in from a ladder, and looks at Harry and Thomas. The man's name is Ollivander and he smiles, Ollivander then walked behind the counter, "I wondered when I'd be seeing you both, Mr. Potter and Mr. Jacobs." He climbed down the ladder and walked behind the counter and looked for a wand, "It seems only yesterday that both your mothers and fathers were in here buying their first wands." He picked one and brought it to Harry, he opened it, revealing a wand, "Ah. Here we are. You, Mr. Jacobs, I'll get yours in  a moment." Harry holds the wand, but does nothing, "Well, give it a wave." Harry hesitantly waves the wand. This causes most of the boxes to come flying out of the shelves and come crashing down. Harry jumps and hurriedly puts the wand back on the counter as Thomas just stares with wide eyes, "Apparently not." Ollivander says, he gets another wand from a box, "Perhaps this." Harry waves at a vase, which shatters, startling Harry and Thomas, "No, no, definitely not! No matter..." he goes to get another wand from a box, but stops at one and becomes thoughtful, "I wonder." Ollivander takes the box, takes out the wand and hands it to Harry. No sooner after he touched it, Harry suddenly glows under it, blowing his hair up and several of the paperwork in the background. Thomas covered his face from the flying papers. Ollivander looked a bit surprised and deep in thought. Thomas noticed.

"Sorry, but what's curious?" Thomas asked, Harry gave the wand back to Ollivander,  "I remember every wand I've ever sold, Mr. Jacobs. It just so happens that the phoenix, whose tail feather resides in Harry's wand gave one other feather, just one. It is curious that you, Harry, should be destined for this wand when its brother gave you that scar." he points to the lighting bolt scar on Harry's forehead, "And...who owned that wand?" Harry asked, "Oh, we do not speak his name. The wand chooses the wizard, Mr. Potter. It's not always clear why, but I think it is clear that we can expect great things from you. After all, He-Who-Must-Not-Be-Named did great things...terrible, yes, but great." he hands Harry his wand. Now, Thomas, time to pick out your wand. he was about to pick one out, but Thomas stopped him, "Wait. I found this in my...belonging box." He took out the box and gave it to Ollivander. He examined the box then said, "Hmm, your mother always had her locks, he then slid his finger over the center of the box, then whsipered some words, slowly, the box opened, revealing a brown wand with a hard handle curvy carvings in the wand, "Fascinating. This wand is very...unique. I don't believe I've seen anything like it, besides you mother's. Here, it should open anytime now." He put the wand back in the box and gave it to Thomas. Ollivander still had a very curious look on his face, "Something wrong?" Thomas asked. "Thomas, when I said I knew every wand that I have ever sold, or created, I meant it. That wand has a dragon's core, very, and I mean very difficult to obtain and there is only one other wand, to have that, it is your mother's, she was very special. They say its the strongest material to have in a wand, and the most dangerous. Be careful with that wand, Mr. Jacobs." 

Harry and Thomas then hears a knock on the window, they looked outside and saw Hagrid there, "Harry! Thomas! Happy birthday!" He had 2 snowy owls in a cage, which hoots, Harry's owl was named Hedwig and Thomas's owl was named Mist. Harry and Thomas looked at each other, then back at the window, "Wow." they both said.